- 56 -

SEPTUPLE update ( from 51st chapter to 56th chapter) - Seventh part.
Kindly ignore the errors. 

-×-×-×-×-×-

○ Edward Ryan's POV ○

I was about to go inside when Someone asked me the invitation. I thought of calling Diya. But, an elderly man called me.

"Mr. Ryan. Great to see you here. Your wife has got in before 15 minutes I guess" he told me and I felt a biggg relief. Thank god!!

He continued "You won't know me. But, I know you. Infact, Is there anyone who doesn't know you?"

"Hi sir" I said extending my hand for a handshake. He shook hands with me and I said "Sorry. I don't have the invitation with me"

"What!! That's not needed sir" he said and laughed. "You must go in. I think you should have food first. May be your wife would be there" he said and I hurried to see her.

I searched for her in the buffet area. And there she was standing alone in a corner. She looked extremely breathtaking gorgeous in her saree. She looked sexy hot and I don't have any adjectives to describe her beauty. She looked pure and innocent. I just missed her badly. All those emotions that had been loaded was waiting to be pour out. But, all that in private. Not here in public.

I was about to go talk to her. When a couple approached her. Maybe to congratulate her. I thought this I went close to them to hear it. Hearing others appreciate and praise your wife is a such an amazing feel.

I heard that women talk and I got irritated and angry with her. When she said that she didn't know that they give award for cooking. I walked to her.

I stood next to Diya. I wanted to call her by touching her shoulders. But, the slap!!!! Remember. I didn't want that today also.

So, I just walked and stood next to her. I spoke to my wife "Sorry baby!! I am a bit late" I said and she raised her head up diagonally to see her. She was shocked to see me.

"I am proud of you Diya for getting an award as a chef. Food is important in everyone's survival. Just eating is not enough. All can eat but only some can cook great enough to capture everyone's heart. Ohh...I am sorry. I didn't notice you. I am Edward Ryan" I said turning to the couple.

That lady looked angry but didn't show it that much. "Nice to meet you" she said and smiled. "Ok, Diya. See you after the award if we get time" she said looking at Diya and walked away.

Diya turned to me with glassy eyes. I could see anger and also I could say that she missed me badly, just like me.

She didn't smile even a bit. She stood stiff with glassy eyes. I went close to her and hugged her sideways. "Sorry baby. I am extremely sorry. Please don't cry. I will tell you everything after the function. I swear you will forgive me if I give my explaination. I am not that bad. You know" I said and winked. Just a try to get back her smile.

She still looked at me like that and a couple drop of a tears fell down her cheeks. She had a plate and purse in her two hands. I pulled my kerchief from my pant pocket and wiped her tears without removing her makeup. 

Just then we heard a announcement to assemble for the award function. Diya washed her hands and got back quickly. We walked together in silence and took our seats. When I entered the small hall. That when I noticed the people around me. All were in traditional wears but were different styles. I think its Indian right so the dresses differ according to different states. One thing was common. All dresses were colourful. May be they wore traditional dresses because it's just once they get to meet here and wear their dresses. Anyways its all my assumptions. I couldn't ask Diya about anything and irritate her. Then she would ask me - How can you act like nothing happened??

I just looked at the stage. There were a whole line of awards and the awardees came with their parents or spouses to get the award. They spoke few lines and like after 40 minutes. Diya name was announced. I turned to her to see her go. But, I saw Diya look at me with nervousness. Hurrayyyy!!!! My wife needs me now. She's looking at me. Ayyyy!!!!

I just holded her hand and squeezed it slowly "Go!! Get your recognition. You deserve it baby" I said and she turned to walk to the stage.

They told us not to go in the front to take pictures. Because they will take it and send it to us properly. So, I just took one pic and looked at the my wife getting an award to capture it in my heart. There was a huge applause. Diya deserves it. It not like she won this overnight. I have seen her practice recipes after she gets back home everyday. She used to say that still she is not well versed in cutting veges fast like the chef's. So, she used to practice that a lot too. She is here all because of her hardwork and dedication.

And the anchor spoke "Diya. She's the chef who is famous right now for her tasty food. Share a few words with us" the anchor said and handed over the mike to her

Diya looked at me and I nodded telling her to be confident " I am Diya. Thanks to the Indian society for the award. This award means a lot to me. I am not a professional chef. I learnt cooking from my mom who is no more. I am sure my parents would be proud of me..."

She was about to say something but the anchor asked her next "Tell us about yourself. This is fans request who all are addicted to your food"

Diya smiled and said "There is nothing about me. I came to this city this year and I am married to
Edward Ryan. He is not an Indian. Yes...He's an American. He is the biggest pillar of support for me. Without him, I would not be in this stage. Can I call him here?" she asked the anchor and that lady excitedly calleď me. God!!! I didn't expect this. This is what we both as a couple are. Eventhough we have our own issues, we didn't let it go beyond its limit.

-×-×-×-×-

Precap -
After the award function ____
That's what happened.
.H
.A
.H
.A
.H
.A
; )

So, how is the SEPTUPLE updates??? Did you all like it??

Next update - next week monday. I have my exams this whole week. So, I will update it on monday or tuesday.

~ 1131 words ~