- 55 -

SEPTUPLE update ( from 51st chapter to 56th chapter) - Sixth part.
Kindly ignore the errors.

-×-×-×-×-

○ Diya's POV ○

○ Diya's POV ○

"Wow. So, you're Diya, the sensational cook of this year. We heard it from many people that your food taste extraordinary" she said with a warm smile.

"Yeah I am Diya" I smiled back.

"I am Pramela and this my husband Ravi. We are one of the key members of Indian society" she said, looking at her husband and smiling.

"Nice you meet you mam and sir. You should visit our restaurant sometime. I am new here to this city so I am familiar about our Indian having a society here"

"Definitely, we would love to. You should come for the monthly meeting and during the festival time. Hereafter we will contact you about everything so that you can mingle with us" she said and then uncle Ravi continued

"Did you come here alone?? Did you come to this city after marriage?" He asked me. In short he is asking me about my husband.

"My husband has some important work, sir. So, he couldn't come" I smiled weakly.

"Oh!! Where he is working?" He asked me.

"He is a doctor. He is working at the New life hospital" I said and he looked like he was thinking something

"I don't know an Indian doctor working there. I am just asking because we would mostly know if anyone from our Indian society get married"

"Actually, he is not an Indian. He is an American. His name is Edward Ryan. He works at the ER department" I said and he looked at me surprised.

"Edward Ryan. It's the famous doc right? Pramela" he looked at his wife and asked.

"Yes..wow we didn't know this" she said and laughed softly. Yeah mostly, no one knows me. How will they know when his own staff doesn't know that he's married?? I am not angry but sad.

I just smiled and Pramela aunty had to receive other people too. So, she called a lady to take me to in.

I walked behind that lady and took a seat at the front. The lady also told me to eat before the event began. I was not in a mood to eat but my stomach was not cooperating with my sad brain.
I walked to the buffet and filled my plate.

I walked to the one corner and stood there. I started eating and when I finished half plate. I saw a lady and a man, must be her husband walking to me.

"If I am not wrong. You're Diya right??" She asked me and I swallowed my food to speak.

"Yeah, I am Diya. And you?" I asked her.

"I am Shwetha and this is my husband Paarthu" she introduced her husband

"I am Paarthasarathy. Rahul's friend. I told my wife about you. Your food is amazing. My mom used to cook like this. I miss her food" he said, he talked and looked innocent. He was also carrying her bag. She eyed at him angrily and turned to me with a smile.

"Where's your husband, Diya??" She asked me.

"He is busy. So, he couldn't come with me" she said and her husband spoke.

"Shwetha!! Her husband is Edward Ryan. He is a famous doctor. So, he would be busy" he said and she again eyed at him angrily and he kept quiet.

"Oh you are married to an American. Paarthu!! Here the culture is different. They live like a separate people minding their own work. They won't give importance for marriage. They will easily get divorce, they easily get over with someone and marry another" she said looking at him.

"Not everyone are like that. There are people who cares and give importance to marriage like my husband. Not only here, even in India its like that. It totally depends upon the person's character and personality. Here we see it directly but in India, people fear about what others think"

"Yeah yeah Whatever... You will talk like this because you have done a love marriage.. that too married an American. Anyways, I didn't know that they give award for cooking and all this year" she said and laughed without much of a sound.

I was about to speak..

○ Edward Ryan's POV ○

I got home and rang the bell two times and there was no response. I got in using the password lock. I searched for her but couldn't find here.

She must be in the restaurant. It's already late. So, I thought of picking her up. She must be tired to board the bus and walk here. I hurried to the restaurant and got in. There was no one but Rahul was standing there with a man.

"These furniture are broken and need to be replaced" he was talking and said without turning back.

"The restaurant is closed for today"

I walked to him and called him. He turned to look at me and look surprised.

"Ryan!! You here??"

"Yeah, Rahul. I came to see Diya. But, I think she left already" I said looking at the direction of the kitchen.

"Ryan actually, today's is the award function. I don't know why I am the first one to tell you about the award function each time and make you two fight. But, she told us before two days back I think that she's was going to tell you"he said little hesitantly. So, she came to tell me about this at the hospital.

"Don't worry man. I will not get angry on her. Everything's my fault and I need to apologize to you" I said and he looked at me in confusion.

"The first day, I was a bit harsh to you. That was actually..... I was a bit overprotective of Diya. But, you are a gentleman and Diya's good friend" I said but he cut me off.

"That's ok buddy. Even I am possessive and protective of my girlfriend. Now everything fine" he said and got his hand for a fist punch.

I punched back "Tell me the address" I asked him and he told me the location.

I got in and looked myself in the inside mirror of my car. I looked like a mad man now. My eyes were baggy with dark circles. My hair was messed up. I was a reek of sweat. I didn't want to go like this and make my wife embarrassed. I sighed and looked at the time. I had exactly an 45 minutes for the function to start. I drove fast and got home. I took a shower and changed to a suit. I quickly combed my hair and fixed it up with a gel neatly. I had this ability to get ready fast because of my profession. I got ready and drove to the place.

-×-×-×-×-×-

Continuation is in the 56 th chapter. Hope you liked this chapter. If you like it, vote and comment.

~ 1156 words ~