- 27 -

Edward Ryan's pov

Edward Ryan's pov..

"I'm sorry, Diya. Come in, please" I said in best calm tone. I scolded myself, it's wrong to take out the frustrations on someone that too with her.

She walked slowly to me carrying a tray in her hand " It's ok"

" No. I shouldn't have shouted. Actually, I opened my phone to see so many calls and messages so, I got pissed off" I could see her getting relaxed.

"Diya. Sit here" I said, moving a bit and gesturing her to sit. She kept the tray on the table and sat.

" I understand. Calm down. I know this is my home too, and was being formal. You know, sometimes I behave like this unknowingly" She said looking at me.

" Yeah, I get it and I want to ask you this. Why are you leaving me just like that when I explain to you once without any argument?" I asked her curiously. Because, I noticed that two times. She gets angry, but when I give her a reason she just leave the issue without any further arguments.

"Because, the problems aren't problems, they are just petty issues. Arguing for that is absolutely unnecessary. Eventhough, we know each other for a shorter period. I think I understand you without your explanation"

" Really, I should say this. You understand me well" I said, smiling at her.

"I want to ask you one thing" she creased her eyebrows and asked.

"Shoot it"

"Do you expect me to fight and argue with you for some time and then compromise? If so, I can do that" she said and chuckled.

"I just couldn't handle your anger and silence that day. Madam, please don't do that. Just out of curiosity, I ask that question" I acted like I was scared.

Tamil - Antha bayam irukatum
( meaning - Have that fear in you)

She said something in her language and chuckled. I couldn't understand.

"What?? I didn't get you" I asked her and she giggled.

" Nothing. I said ok, I won't stay angry for so long" she said and smiled.

" Heyyy. I know you have changed the meaning. You laughed after saying it. Say it, Diya"

"No, I didn't change it" she laughed and got up.

" Where are you escaping? You have to say it" I laughed and pulled her. She came close to me with her hands on my shoulder for support.

That moment we both stopped laughing and got lost seeing each other's eyes. After a few seconds, she pulled back and straightened. I changed the topic to avoid the awkwardness.

"By the way, thanks for taking care of me" I said sincerely.

" Now, It is you who is being formal" she said and laughed. I like to see her happy face always.