- 16 -

"Happiness is unexpected friendship. Double happiness is seeing those just friends turn into best friends"
Happy birthday to my wattpad bestie     
kiruthijay

Do check out her book "The Imperishable curse". I personally loved it.

Edward Ryan's pov

Edward Ryan's pov...

I knew Priya would do something to Diya. So, I tried avoiding her during the dinner. Believe me, it was very hard to ignore her. She wore a kind of dress which covered her fully but, it failed to hide her perfect curves. Her hair was soft and long making me want to touch it.

I can't find a proper word to explain the way she makes me feel. Every time I see her, my heart skips a beat and whenever I look into her eyes, I get lost to eternity. It's really funny!! It was me who told her to look into my eyes and speak but here I'm trying to avoid her.

After the dinner, the whole incident happened which was really shocking and I was totally unaware of this story or this part of my mom till now. She has never ever mentioned about India or Indian people. I was even more shocked to hear her telling that I am supposed to marry.

I was very much scared that she would tell me to marry Priya when they both paused for a second. Jesus!! I would have been in a dilemma. I have never said no to my mom and I could never imagine of getting married to that girl. Even though it wasn't Priya, the idea of marriage was sudden and I'm actually not ready to get married now.

I stood in my balcony thinking of the whole scene that happened before. I can't imagine a girl at this age would have experienced so much difficulty in her life. My heart ached and my eyes filled with tears when I saw her cry. I also can't imagine such cruel people. I really wanted to shout at them but mom was very much ahead of me. My thoughts were interrupted by mom who came and stood beside me.

"Edward, are you angry at me ?" She asked calmly but I could see little nervousness.

" No mom. In fact, I'm proud of you and dad. You could have just ignored your friend's family, but you didn't. I haven't seen such great people in my life. But, marriage, I can't accept. I am not ready mom " I said looking at her.

" Edward, you have to do this. You will definitely thank me later for asking you to marry Diya. Do you not like her or are you hesitating because she is non American? " she asked curiously

" No mom. I don't see country, race or any other discrimination.
You haven't raised me like that and I'm not. Ok, let me tell the truth, I feel something for her that I haven't felt for anyone till now. May be, I like her, but I'm not sure about loving her"

" You will definitely love her when you get to know her"

" Exactly, after knowing her I can take the decision to marry her. Right? why now? I can't spoil a girl's life just like that " I said to her with little irritation.