- 18 - Part 1

Hey my lovely readers ❤

Here comes the much awaited chapter. Hope you like it.

Diya's pov..

We reached Ryan's home early. The house was big an
d just by seeing it, I could say it might be passed down through the generations.

 The house was big and just by seeing it, I could say it might be passed down through the generations

We were invited by a man in his 60's. He had salt and pepper tint hair with blue eyes just like Ryan's. He walked to us with a friendly smile.

"Welcome all. Oh, there she is, my best friend's daughter. I'm Peter, Ryan's dad. Extremely happy to finally meet you. Your dad and me were such good friends. He was a great man and a good friend " he said with a genuine smile.

"Glad to meet you uncle. I'm happy to see someone who knew my dad" I said smiling.

Then, we got inside to see two kids and a lady walking towards us. Linda slightly bend her head to me and whispered

"This is Ryan's sister. Whatever she says, just ignore it"

The lady stood in front of me and said " I am Jessica, Ryan's sister. I'm a single mom of these two kids, Pete and Lilly. Didn't expect to get an Asian in our family. Anyways, it's his fate" she said, rolling her eyes. God, I knew this, I wondered how everything just turned happy to me suddenly.

"Glad to meet you, Jessica" I said with a smile and we walked to the living room and took our seats on the sofa.

" Ok. I have a little announcement to make. We will be having the marriage twice. Yes, twice. Once in Indian tradition and another one in church. If Diya's parents were there, they would have planned it in their way. Now, you all can go freshen up" aunt said. She is really trying hard to make me feel comfortable. The least I can do for her, is to open up a bit more.

Linda, Sofia and me got a room together. I was about to go and take a shower when aunt Grace walked in.

"Linda, kindly be with her and help her, dear. I had already bought the dress and everything needed. I had seen her photo once. With that, I just bought it. Any other questions we will discuss later. Just help her to get ready and do her makeup. Will you ?"she asked Linda