- 6 -

Edward Ryan's pov

Edward Ryan's pov..

Author :continuing the call convo b/n Ryan and his mom.

"Then mom how was your day?"
Grace,my mom is a florist and My dad Peter is a doctor. They live in Concord,massachusetts.I shifted to NYC for my job.

"Good, Your sister came here today morning with Pete and Lilly for the weekends and the little ones came with me to the shop and we had fun" she said while I heard background voices.

I have only one sibling an elder sister Jessica.She designs wedding gowns and has her own shop in Boston which is an hour ride from Concord. She has two kids Pete and Lilly who are twins. She is single right now. She got married to Jason her long time boyfriend and had the twins. Recently they got divorced due some irreconcilable differences.We tried to convince them not to but it didn't work.I personally think Jason is the right one for Jessica till now but she is adament in her own decision and I couldn't interfere much.Jason is a lawyer in Boston. They decided to share the expenses of raising their child and Jessica wanted to have them both with her.The kids would also visit their father time to time

"Mom, What are those background voices. I guess they are Pete and Lilly"I laughed.

"Yes dear. Wait, I will handover the phone to them. They are fighting as to who is going to speak first with you" she said laughing back.

" Mom..then put the phone in speakers"

"Hello uncle..When are you planning to visit us? Don't forget my gift "Pete said excitedly.

"Uncle Ryan, How are you? Pete is stupid enough not to ask about your well being first " Lilly spoke.

"Hello my little champs. Am good Lilly and Pete is not stupid. Listen to my words, you both shouldn't fight for unnecessary things and should support each other. Next time if Jessica says you didn't fight much, I would give you both a surprise gift and Pete I didn't forget your gift. I am busy lately but I will surely come to visit you soon"

" Wow Uncle, It's hard but I will try not to fight " said Pete.

" ok then I got to go. Sleep early Good night " I said and ended the call as I reached my apartment.

I parked my car and walked upstairs. I live in the third floor and John lives in the second. Each floor has two houses. The one who lives opposite to mine are a British family.

I walked near my door and when I was about the unlock my door I heard my neighbor call me.

" Ryan, As I told you earlier I got promoted and I going to shift to San Francisco. Tonight I will vacate the house. It was nice to have a good neighbor like you man. We would catch up anytime when possible" he said while extending his hand for a handshake.

"I was comfortable too with you in the neighborhood and Yes, would like to catch up sometime"I shaked my hand back.

I turned to unlock the door. My house was pretty big and compact with a big hall and kitchen with two bedrooms. One was for guest and another was mine. My bedroom has the balcony. I went inside and kept my bag in the table and went to take a nice cold shower. I wore a black t shirt and jean and headed to John's house.

I knocked the door twice and was waiting for someone to open. Then John opened the door with Sofia standing infront of him looking up at me. I picked Sofi and walked in.

"Hello my little girl" I walked to sit in the sofa.

"Hello Ryan. I missed you today while we were playing. That guy Tom is very bad boy. He pushed my friend but got scolded by mam"she said innocently . She always calls my name..her best friend is me.funny right? I am looking after her right from her birth so I got attached with her so much.

"Sofi, I too missed you badly.We will go to playground during the weekend and don't bother about Tom and try to be friendly with everyone and you shouldn't show hatred...ok? "

"Ok Ryan " she said hugging me.

"Ok, you three come for dinner..I have prepared burritos and banana split for dessert " linda beamed.

"Wow...so today dinner is going to be awesome and am hungry" John hurried to dinning table.I and sofi sat opposite to the couple.

"Its perfect" I said after having burritos.It was cooked well with mix of all the ingredients in right quantity.

"Thanks Ryan" Linda smiled

"So Linda, coming directly to the point what is the matter that you have called me for dinner"

"Ryan don't talk like this. Is this the first time we are having dinner together? I just thought to cook dinner for all, nothing hidden behind this" she said with fake anger.

" Babe cool, let him say whatever he wants " John said holding Linda's hand

"Ok ok sorry madam. Then well and good. I am tried as hell so I think I will go get some sleep. Thanks for the dinner buddies"I said simply standing up

"Hey Ryan where do you think you are going? You didn't have your dessert and also I have something to talk to you"

"See I told. It's ok tell me what is it?" I said laughing.

Linda and John looked at each other and I think they are thinking as on how to put their thoughts into words.

"Guys come on say. I don't mind" I said putting the plate in the dishwasher.

"Ryan..I have a friend...her name is Christina" she hesitatingly said

" Does she need appointment ? You know I won't give priority. she have to come in order with the rest for any treatment"I said back

"No!! Ryan its not for appointment like the other day "

"Then?"

" She is my high school friend. She is having her own Makeup Studio here. John and me... "she paused

" you and he what?"

" We want you to go for a date"

Thats it guys.

What do you think about this chapter?

~ 1043 words ~