- 35 -

Hey guys, I just couldn't wait until tomorrow to update this beautiful chapter

Hey guys,
I just couldn't wait until tomorrow to update this beautiful chapter. I personally enjoyed it while writing. I'm sure you would love it too and this chapter is the longest I had written till now.

The beautiful new cover was gifted by Deardevil123 .It was a sweet, unexpected surprise. Thanks dear❤

Happy reading!!

-×-×-×-×-×

Diya's pov...

The next day morning, I got ready for work. Ryan had sent a message that he had reached. I had my breakfast and went to the restaurant. I directly entered the kitchen to see Sanjay, Nivetha and Rahul turning back to see me.

"Welcome, madam. We already missed you badly" Nivetha said, hugging me and I smiled.

"Customers were asking for your dishes everyday. How are you?" Rahul asked.

"I'm fine. I feel like ages even though it has been 3 days. So, let's start then" I said and they smiled nodding.

After the working hours, Rahul called me to his cabin.

"What is it Rahul?" I asked with seriousness.

"It's nothing. Thought to have a word with you" he said, adjusting his seat.

"Oh. Say it" I said and took a seat.

"You know the condition we were in before three months and now. I like to highlight the fact and only fact that your food is the only thing that is keeping our restaurant successful. We have got many positive reviews and huge customer base addicted to your dishes. So, you have been selected as the BEST CHEF who had touched the hearts of many by cooking. This is given by the Indian society located here. So congratulations!!!" He said, beaming joyfully and from my back, Sanjay and Nivetha came in clapping.

"What? Me ? Is this real?" I sat there still for half a minute. My mind was blank and couldn't think of anything. Me?? An ordinary girl from India with no outside world exposure and who had never been on stage, now receiving an award is unbelievable. I didn't do this for any reward. But this is too much for me to handle.

"Diya. Come out of your dream world. The function is on January. Date will be announced later. Go with Ryan" he said, laughing.

"Ok. This is totally unexpected" I was still shocked. I'm not used to all these. We spoke for a while.

Then, I walked to the bus stop and boarded the bus to go home. I need to tell this to Ryan. But wait let me tell him in person. He would be surprised. I reached home and called Ma to inform her about this. She was extremely happy and I told her to kept it secret from Ryan. Thinking of all these, I slept.

~~ 6 days later ~~

I lazily stretched as the sunrays fall on me. I struggled to get up and dragged myself to the washroom. I got ready and went to the pooja table to lit the lamp. I remembered him standing next to me with closed eyes. I walked to the kitchen to heat milk and put corn flakes in a bowl. I didn't sit in the dining. If I sit there, I won't eat. I miss him badly.