- 13 -

Diya's pov

Diya's pov...

I was cleaning the restroom, when I heard the door bell ring.
Priya went and opened the door. I heard her talking to someone.

After some time, she called me and said " It was Ryan's mom. It is because of you Ryan is not talking to me. She came here to invite us to dinner. I know they are soft and kind hearted to invite a maid like you to dinner. I want you to behave properly and not mess up. Am I clear?" She shouted and emphasized the last word.

" Yes"

" Then wear that yellow chudihar which you have. I don't want you to show off wearing mild colours" she said as I nodded and walked back to my room. Why would he tell his mom to invite me too? I told him to ignore me and focus on Priya. He is bringing me unwanted troubles. I am still frightened to go to his house. Shiva shiva (Hindu god). Please help me. Nothing bad should happen.

Later that evening, I wore the chudihar which she asked me to wear and saw my face in the mirror. The bruises on my face had reduced after my own homemade treatment and I just covered it a little.

 The bruises on my face had reduced after my own homemade treatment and I just covered it a little

Flashback:-

That night after the party, I started sweeping the house when  Priya walked furiously, grabbed my neck and pushed me against the wall.

" You bit*h. You spoiled my whole plan. What did I say to you? Tell me now " she shouted.  I could see that she was heavily boozed up.

" I didn't do anything. I just came there to clean it" I said with tears running down my eyes as I got a sharp pain at the back of my head.

" Just shut your bloody mouth. I told you not to mess up with me. I even told you to stay away from him. Yes or no" she said and tighten the grip.

" Priya, it's paining. Leave me please "

" Die..who cares. No one is there for you. You are an orphan. Remember that" she said and left my neck. I stood there crying thinking of her venomous words.

" God..I'm getting serious headache. I will deal with you tomorrow. Now, clean everything before I wake up" she said and walked to her room.

I'm used to all these beatings and swearings but one thing really hurts. No one in this world should be called an orphan because our parents are our god. You can't see them, but they are always with you close to your heart. I stopped crying as it is of no use. I kept ice to my neck and started cleaning the room.

At 4 am, I finished mopping and walked to my room and lay down to sleep. I woke up at 7 and after a long shower, I started making breakfast and made a hangover drink. I was about to sit when I heard her shouting

" Diya, you useless bit*h. Come fast. Ahh..my head " she said and I ran to her room taking the drink.

" Priya, have this. It will reduce your headache" I said and handed over the cup to her. She drank the whole in a gulp

" At least you did something useful. But do you think I would leave you just like that?" she smirked and jumped out of her bed and walked to me.

" Priya, I am extremely sorry. I will not do it again " I said and walked backwards.

" Acting innocent...uh? Don't move" she said and moved to the stand to grab an umbrella.

" No..please don't do it" I said as tears rolled down my cheeks.

" Do you think you can escape for what you did to me yesterday?" she shouted and grabbed my hand and pushed me down. She started beating me with the umbrella. The hard metal caused me sharp pain. I laid down the floor clenching my legs with my hand like a ball.

"That bast**d yelled at me for scolding you. Am I a fool here? Get up now" she said as she bent down to grab my hair and made me face her. She slapped me hard many times swearing at me. At last she left me.

" If he doesn't talk to me properly within two days, you will get the treatment like now. You aren't allowed to have food until that. If you get caught eating, you know what will happen. Just get out now " she said with a last kick on my legs and walked to the bathroom.

I sat there unable to move as the pain was unbearable. But, I need to. So, I slowly got up and dragged myself to my room. I couldn't walk anymore and sat there crying. God.. Please get me out of this hell or let me die instead of this torture.

I got scoldings the next day too.  She didn't beat me, but made me work continuously. Her atrocities were too much that I couldn't take it anymore. So, I decided to speak with my neighbor the next day.

Today I talked to him. I never had courage to speak to any guy alone like that. That was the first time ever and I thought I should do it, to get rid of this situation. Priya calmed down only after Ryan's mom invited her for dinner.

              -End of flashback-

I went out of my room to see Priya wearing a simple and elegant dress. I'm sure she wanted to look the best so as to impress Ryan's mom.

She gave me a disgusting look

She gave me a disgusting look .
" Remember what I told you. Most importantly, don't act like a sweet person and make me like a witch there" she warned me and I nodded.

She knocked the door and a woman in her 60s greeted us. She looked beautiful and simple.

" Welcome dears" she said walking us to the sofa.

" This is Diya, my maid" She introduced me to her.

" Ahh..Finally got to see you in person after..." she paused and stiffened " I mean to see now. I didn't get to see you in the morning so. By the way, I'm Grace, Edward's mom" she said and hugged me.

Priya was shocked and so do I. She was giving importance to me. Why? What did she try to say that time?

How's the chapter guys?

~ 1063 words ~