- 11 -

Diya's pov

Diya's pov..

Priya told me to prepare for the party tonight. From dawn to dusk, I prepared everything needed and she told me to stay invisible throughout the party as much as possible.

The party started and I collected all the waste from the wastebin and went down to put it in the apartment's common bin. I carried the heavy weight and stuffed it in the common bin and returned. While I was walking, I saw a small girl crying and I couldn't see anyone around. I hurried to her, kneeled down and asked

"What happened baby?"

"I..am....lost...I wanna..go..home.." she stammered crying out load.

"Tell me your mom or dad's name. Don't cry sweatheart. I will get you home soon" I said hugging her

She slowly stopped crying and then suddenly shouted

"Ryan!! You came" she released the hug and ran behind me.

I turned back and saw her running to a man. I couldn't see the face in the dark. The man picked her up and walked towards me.

Suddenly, my heart beat raised fast as soon as I met with a pair of deep ocean intimidating eyes. I felt something inside which was foreign to me.

"Ryan..I thought to play in the park here but I got lost. Then, I saw her she told that she would take me home" the cute girl smiled at me as I smiled back at her.

"Who are you?" The man asked in a threatening tone.

"I live here in the flat...third floor" I said pointing my hand up. Is he doubting me? I just tried to help.

"You are the one who's living with Priya"

"Yes" I said and could see him getting relaxed hearing my answer.. Wait how does he know Priya. Oh god, I thought and lowered my head.

" What are you doing here, when there is party out there" he asked causally.

" I just came to put the waste in the common bin " I said looking down to avoid him.

" Look at me and speak. Thanks for looking after sofia. By the way am Edward Ryan, your neighbor" He said. I could feel him looking closely at me. Neighbor !! I don't know what will happen if Priya finds out about this.

I slowly looked up and again I could feel something inside me.

" Am...Diya.. Priya's maid " I said and walked towards the flat as fast as I could.

Edward Ryan's pov...

I searched sofi all around and saw her hugging a lady. I hurried to her. who is that lady? Is she there to kidnap her? These days we can't beleive anyone.

I walked fast and sofi came running to me. I got relaxed to see her but walked forward to look at the women as I couldn't see her in dark.

I was soon met with a pair of black mesmerizing eyes. Her hair was little messed up but was very long. She had natural curves and looked extremely beautiful even in the dim light. she had sharp nose and fuller plum lips. Wait !! Did I just describe a women's beauty? I could feel something. This has never happened before.

I wanted to ask her who she was but my voice came out like in a commanding tone but she answered it softly and carefully. Did I frighten someone again ? I got to know that she is living with my neighbor. But why is she working as a full time maid? She looks young.

After a convo, she lowered her head. I got angry instantly for 2 reasons. One, do I look as a monster or dictator? second, I couldn't look into her eyes anymore.

She replied and walked fast. I could tell she wanted to avoid me. Why??

I turned back at sofi " Sofi, I told you not to go anywhere without informing us" I asked her softly not to frighten her.

" Sorryy Ryan " she pouted cutely.
I can never get angry at her.

"Ok, but you know that you would have been lost. So take it as a lesson and don't ever, ever go without informing us..ok" I asked with concern.

"Ok Ryan..I promise not to go anywhere without informing" she said and hugged me with her head on my shoulder and her hands around my neck.

I relaxed a bit and walked towards home. I entered and put sofia to sleep and went again to the party.

I searched for John and Linda. I could see them laughing and having a conversation with a group. They always mingle with new people instantly. I didn't say about sofia incident or they would be worried. I went close to John and was about to call him when

I heard a voice and turned. Scratch it, not voice a sound...Diya stood there with her hands on her cheeks. I looked at the other side and it was Priya and someother girl.

"Do you have manners, you idiot? now clean it immediately and apologize to her " Priya shouted at her. I got very angry. Why?Maybe I usually cannot tolerate anyone being treated like this. If she is a maid, so what? that is also a work. Doesn't mean she has to be treated like shit

" I ..am sorry" Diya said with her eyes full of tears.

" Am sorry for this mess. Please continue partying" Priya said looking at others. She got shocked when she spotted me there.May be she thought I wasn't there but caught red handed.

The party resumed but Priya looked at me. I gave her a disgusting look and walked out followed by John and Linda

When we exited the house. Priya came following us and said

" Ryan I didn't mean to scold her but you know she destroyed my friends costly dress..I..I.."

I went close to her face clenching my wrist " Priya why are you trying to explain, I didn't tell you anything..Did I ? So that means you know that was wrong? Am I right ? I asked her furiously

" No Ryan..that was.."

" Hey. Just stop it. I don't need your explanation and I need to tell you this, Don't ever treat a person like you treated her before" I said and opened my door leaving her behind.

John and Linda didn't comment anything. They know silence is better than words this time. So, John picked up sofi and headed towards their flat.

I just didn't want to dig deep into this and laid on the bed to sleep..

Guys, after I introduced Ryan, I got more comments asking - when they will meet?

Finally, Ryan and Diya met.. What do you think?

If you like this chapter
vote, share and comment.

If you like this chaptervote, share and comment