- 9 -

Edward Ryan's pov

Edward Ryan's pov..

I got up by the sound of the alarm. While brushing, thoughts of the previous night came flooding and I realized although my point was true, I shouldn't have shouted. Shit...I always fight with my conscience. It drives me crazy..

After getting ready, I had bread toast with milk and hurried to the hospital. I have to review the summary report of the Intern's and have to listen to their briefings before attending the patients.

After some time I finished reviewing the reports and the Interns entered my room.

"Happy morning doc. We are prepared for the briefings" James came forward and spoke.

"Good morning all. You can start" I said and It took an hour to finish.

"Today you four had done a decent job. Steve and James are under me. Amelia and Sandra under doctor Linda. I have circled the correction. Go through it and rectify your mistakes. Lets start at 9 sharp " I said standing up and walked to the door.

I stood before Linda's room and knocked the door, but there was no response. I tried to open and realized it's locked. Then I tried calling her but she didn't pick up. I got worried as of What would've happened, so I called John and he picked up after three calls.

"Hello buddy. What's up? " he said cheerfully.

"What happened to Linda? Her door is locked and she is already late. Is she on leave? "

" oh no man, we overslept. Nothing serious. We are on the way " he said laughing.

May be I thought too much.

"Ok see you then" I cut the call and walked to Nurse Ana to get my schedules for today.

Today was as usual a busy day with back to back patients. Wherever we get to see, Linda tried to ignore me. During the evening break, I went to Linda's cabin and saw her drinking something.

" So, you are directly ignoring me" I got inside and sat in a chair.

" Am not ignoring you" she said sipping her drink.

" Linda, am sorry for shouting at you yesterday. I can understand you are trying to do something for me. I.. "

She raised her hand up and said "stop" and continued
" Ryan, don't explain. I absolutely understand. I am sorry for introducing her to you without knowing her completely. I thought I knew her but this shows I don't" she said little worried.

" Hey, its ok. I am seeing these frequently so no issues and Why did you ignore me the whole day?" I asked curiously.

" I was just acting " she laughed

" You and your drama " I chuckled. She suddenly stopped laughing and said

" Ryan, I hope you get to find a true love someday " I could see genuineness in her eyes. I just smiled back and went back to resume my duty.

At the end of my shift, I got the reports of the day from the Interns and got ready to go home.

I got home and realized that I have to clean it. It has been a week since I cleaned it due to my busy schedule. So, I started cleaning the hall then kitchen and then my bedroom. I am not really interested in getting a maid. I like to do work myself and I do think I can manage.

After I finished cleaning, I got a nice hot shower as I need to get away my tiredness. Then I proceeded to make dinner. I learned to cook from my mom and to mention she is really a great cook. I opened the refrigerator to get the ingredients to make meat loaf. I prepared the meat and allowed it to bake for 30 mins.

As I switched on the TV news to get the daily updates, I heard the door bell ring. Wondering who it was, I opened the door to see a girl standing with a box in her hand. She looked like Asian.

" May I know Who you are? " I asked her confused.

"Good evening. I am Priya your new neighbor from India. I came here this morning and I didn't get to see you so thought to meet you now" she said with smile in her face.

"Oh. I didn't notice before. Glad to meet you. I am Edward Ryan, you can call me Ryan "I didn't want to fuss about her calling me Edward.

"Can I come in?" she said looking in.

"Yes, Come in" I went inside. I couldn't judge her so thought to go with the flow.

"I am doing Masters in Fashion here. We have a tradition to give sweet to our neighbor when we move to new residence. What do you do Ryan? " she handed over the box to me and asked

"I am a doctor and thanks for this" I said looking at the box.

"Great !! If you don't mind can I get you number so that I can contact you in case of emergency" she asked plainly.

" yes " I said giving my number.I just couldn't judge her.

"See you then, Good night " she said and walked out. I closed the door and went back to the sofa.

My phone blinked with a sound and I looked to see a message
- this is Priya your neighbor :-) save my number.

Wow..She just left and now I get a message. This is too fast. Then I saw the box in front me and I opened it to see some ball shaped sweet. I thought of taking a bite. The taste was heavenly, I am not much into sugary products but this was too good. I wondered what was it called and how they made it? Then I had dinner and slept.

A week passed by and as it was weekend I thought to grab some groceries in the supermarket. I paid for it and got home. I took out the bags from the car and used the lift. As I walked to my home, I heard a noise and stopped.

" Why don't you do anything properly? I don't know Why I am keeping you...useless creature !! Now pick up everything and get inside" I assumed it must be that neighbor's voice but who is she shouting at ? After that text, my neighbor has been texting some stupid messages. I can say she is trying something which I tried not to look deep as I was not interested, so I muted the chat.

I resumed walking and saw a girl picking up some groceries. I could see the bag torn and she was quickly picking up the things.

I tried to ignore this and tried to open my door when I heard

" Still what are you doing you...."
That girl Priya stopped after seeing me.

" oh. Good eve Ryan" she said and saw me glaring at her.

"Umm..this is my maid Diya. We both live here" she said smiling weakly. The girl slowly got up with her head down.

" ok " I said and quickly turned without looking at her as I thought she might be embarrassed.

I went inside thinking how harsh she was behaving.

How's the chapter?

~ 1191 words ~