- 19 -

** Surprise update**

Two reasons -
1. Soo many asked me for an update. I couldn't refuse.
2. A special day for me. Today's my birthday. So, I wanted to write about my favourite couple.

Here it goes... Happy reading

                     -×-×-×-×

Edward Ryan's pov...

We reached home and I showed Diya her room, the one next to mine. I know we both need time to accept or process the whole thing that happened. In the first place, I didn't have the idea of having a girlfriend. But now, in just one day everything changed.

I woke up at 4 am and got ready to go. I can't disturb her at this time. So, I took a sticky note and wrote " This is now your home too...feel free..if anything call me" I added my number and stuck it to the stove. She will see it when she comes to make something.

I reached the hospital and got ready for the surgery. The operation went on for hours. After a small coffee break, I was called again to attend the emergencies as there was a major accident. So, the whole ER department was alerted.

We had to attend back to back patients till the next day night. Even Linda didn't have a break. John was looking after Sofia at home. I asked him to inform Diya about it and see if there is anything she needed. I didn't know her number to call.

Later that night, I reached home at 11, opened the door with the password and got in. The room was dark. What is she doing? I switched on the light to see Diya sleeping on the sofa. I didn't want to disturb her. So, I went straight to take a shower. My stomach was rumbling as I didn't get to eat properly in these two days. I decided to make something and came out of the room to see Diya sitting in the dinning. She stood up seeing me.

" We had an unexpected emergency. I hope, John would have informed you. Did you have something?"

"He stopped by to inform. Did you have dinner?" she asked me back without answering my question.

"Actually, No. I just thought to make something" I said, taking a step towards the kitchen.

"Uh..I made dinner" she said in a hesitated low voice.

" Oh..thanks" I said and turned to take a seat. I didn't expect her to make for me.

" I don't know what you prefer for dinner? So, I made potato sandwiches" she said, taking out a plate and placed it in front of me.

" I'm fine with anything " I said and had a bite. It tasted new, not like a regular sandwich. It was more spicy and different.

" Why are you standing? And You didn't answer my question. Did you have your dinner?" I asked as I saw extra food there.

" I will have after you finish" she said looking down. There, she started this. I just hate this to the core.

"Please, sit" I said in my best calm tone and she hesitantly sat