- 3 -

Diya's pov

Diya's pov ..

The bus ride took 45 mins  because of heavy traffic. I finally reached my college at 9.15 am. The whole college was packed with people walking here and there with their books around, some searching for exam hall, some in groups gossiping. Only during the exam time we can see all people with their books in hand. Our college building was very old and need serious repairing. I walked straight to my block and suddenly someone jumped on me from behind. I knew who it was

"Divya how many times I have told you not to jump on me". Divya is a stylish girl and is popular in my college. She has shoulder length black hair with brown streaks, almond eyes ,round nose and wide lips. She is the one who keep our gang lively.

"How many times have I told you to change your boring and studious personality" she said while put her hands around my shoulder

"Ok leave.Did you study for the exam, I know am asking the right question to the wrong person but still"

"See it's not even a minute I told you not to be too studious"she giggled and continued

"I asked Dharani.she said she studied and so I will pass "she winked at me.

"You won't change madam, atleast pass without getting fail..ok ..where is pooja? "

"You obviously know where she will be..she is with her boyfriend in the canteen" she didn't finish saying by then another voice came

"Am I missing something my two idiots"

"Yes Pooja madam we were just talking about you,how come you came early leaving your romantic talks?" Divya asked smilingly

Pooja is the third one and we three are a gang. She too wears chudihar with shawl because of her over possessive boyfriend. She is a pretty girl with hooded eyes, hooked nose and small lips.she always wears minimal makeup and looks decent everytime.

"My boy told he didn't study yesterday and now also with me beside him.so I came "

"Ohh, that is the reason uh?"Divya laughed

"Ok now , lets move to our exam halls " I said and we three headed towards the hall. The exam got over by 1 pm , I waved bye to the girls and got the bus to go home.

The week passed so soon and today is the last day of the exam and after the exam got over I was heading to the bus stop when Divya and Pooja stopped me.

"Madam ,Where do you think you are going. This is the last day of our college days and we don't know where we would be after this and Pooja is also free as her boyfriend is going with his friends somewhere" Divya started . I knew some trouble was there.

"So"  I asked walking over and sat in the bench of the bus stop.

"So ..we are going to the shopping mall to shop " she said.As I told there she is with a plan to get me into trouble.

"Divya you know I will get into big trouble if I get caught roaming or go home late"

"We didn't ask you ,we just commanded you to come ..whatever it takes you should come with us..don't think of the result think about now"

I also thought atleast once I have to go with them its now or never. But, I told aunt that I will be back by 4 today as I got library duty fortunately library was closed today. So I had solid 3 hrs to get back home.

"Ok I will come but you people have to leave me at 3.30 to get back home"I said sternly

"Ok mom ,we will leave you by then" Pooja told and both laughed.

"So start the girls time" Divya jumped and we laughed.We went by bus to reach the mall. I have been to mall before as a maid who carried all the shopping bags of Priya's. When I entered I got a little uncomfortable feeling and was little afraid as what would happen if Priya was here.I was taken away from my thoughts when Pooja shook me.

"What are you dreaming boo boo" Pooja asked. After my parents only my two friends would call me like that.

"Nothing..where is Divya ?"

"See there" she said laughing.

I turned and saw divya showing weird faces and mocking the chota beem man who was there for sales promotions. I went and said sorry ,dragged her to come along with us.she won't change and I also liked her lively character.

" Come lets go to trends "divya said dragging me inside.

" Divya you know I don't have money to buy anything..I can just help you in choosing" I said rolling my eyes.

"Atleast lets do some window shopping boo boo" she said walking to the kurthis section.

We looked over several dresses and my eyes caught one light blue kurthi which was very nice and I thought to try it on eventhough I cannot afford.

After half an hour Pooja and divya went to the billing section. Divya bought two jeans, three tops and Pooja bought three kurthis.

They then decided to go to ice cream parlour. Divya got oreo icecream and pooja got big butterscotch cup and I got a  chocolate cone. We were chitchatting about random things.Then suddenly Pooja came beside me and closed my eyes.

"What are you guys doing ?"

"Open you hands boo boo" said Divya and I felt something in my hands.

I opened my eyes and saw the same blue kurthi which i secretly tried on. Images came flooding of my father giving me dreamcatcher same in this way. I couldn't control my tears and cried

"Hey what happened Diya? " Pooja and Divya sat beside me and was worried

I wiped my tears and smiled
" Nothing I just remembered something , I won't ask how you people know about my mind..but I didnt expect this ..why did you spend this much.. its costly "

" Shut up boo boo.nothing is important for us other than your smile.we love you and this is the last day of college and we need something for our memory na.." Divya told and hugged me..

I hugged back both of them.This was the first and may be the last time I went out with my friends and never would I forget this day in my life . As we had less time we payed the bill and came outside the shop.

We saw a guy approaching us with a flower bouquet. I have seen him in college.

"Divya that guy is approaching you only" Pooja and I and whispered

The guy came straight in front of me and said " I love you Diya" . I stood there shocked and afraid.

Its common to be shocked. But, Why do you think Diya was afraid ??

~ 1143 words ~