- 8 -

Diya's pov

Diya's pov...

The day after the incident, Priya told me to pack all our belongings to leave the next day for New York. I have never visited places in India and abroad is out of the question. I had many thoughts the last night.

How am going to manage in a new atmosphere? Will my life get over by just being her maid? Living with priya alone is definitely going to be hard.How am I going to handle it?
What will I do there? But for every question there is one answer..I promised myself to treat them like my family so I have to go through this.

"Diya did you pack all your belongings make sure you take only a small bag. We already have many of Priya's " Aunty talked to me while checking the things.

"Yes Aunty " I said showing her the small suitcase which I was carrying.

"Did you forget anything of mine? If I didn't get what I need there you will just face the consequences " Priya shouted at me.

" I have checked it twice" I said in a low voice.

Aunty came close to me and in a threatening voice she said
"Diya remember my words,
-I shouldn't get any complaints from Priya.
-You should be there with her everywhere anytime.
-You should look after her, get her everything she needed.
-You shouldn't mingle with anyone and turn against me.
-You shouldn't go and roam there just like the other day.
If I hear that you doing anything wrong, then you know what I will do"

"Yes Aunty. I will not do anything which brings disgrace to the family" I said looking down.

Just then Arjun entered the house with a gift. He greeted Aunty and  went to Priya and hugged her

"I will miss you badly. See what I got for you " he extended his hand

Priya opened and saw a pair of beautiful earrings.

"Aww, thank you Arjun. I will also miss you a lot " she pouted and hugged him

" ok hurry up. It's time to get to the airport" Aunty saiď walking towards the door. Uncle is not there today as he had some work in another city.

Arjun came to me and said " Diya take care of yourself first and bear her anger. You know she is like a child. Pursue your dreams, there instead of listening to Aunty. I have written my number in this, call if you have any emergency. You are like a sister to me,you know that right? I pray and hope that you find someone and live a new life there" he said smiling widely.

Arjun is the son of a big millionaire who owns several jewellery stores across India. I have known him since our first year of college. That was when Priya and Arjun started dating and she introduced him to the family. I still remember the first day when he came and talked to me like a normal friend, which shocked me even though they introduced me as a maid. He got to know am her cousin later. He doesn't show any rich guy attitude and also treates me with respect and considers me as his sister. I don't know how Priya sees him or loves him but I can surely tell he loves Priya more than anything.

"Thanks Arjun. I will take care of Priya and will call you if there is any emergency. You are my only well wisher and I rarely get treated nicely in this house. I will not forget you brother. Hope you live happily" I smiled back and hurried outside as Priya started shouting.

The driver dropped us by the airport and we got inside. Aunty and Arjun bid us goodbye. Later we were called to board the plane. This is my first time travelling in a plane. I was looking at all the things because everything was very new to me. I sat there next to Priya and she was still in a very grumpy mood and I don't know why? I was hearing the instructions given by the stewardess.

"I don't know why mom is so protective about me by putting you in business class next to me " she murmured and took her sleeping eye mask..wore it and slept.

I then slept too because after she wakes up she would start saying something or give me work

20 hours later..

We were announced that we had reached New York. I picked our baggage and went out to grab a taxi. Uncle had already arranged everything and on the way to our new home I began the sightseeing. I have never seen such big buildings. I tried to process everything in my mind slowly.

We reached our flat by Noon and Priya was walking fast but I tried to cope up with her. She unlocked the door and I was shocked to see the beauty. The house was well furnished with colorful walls. I picked up the bags and went inside. Priya showed me my room and said

"Looks like someone is lucky to have a proper room this time. Make sure you don't change your attitude and be grateful to me for giving you this guest room and madam as usual you are not supposed to use the bed. You always deserve the floor" she said and went to her room. After sometime she shouted

" Diya give me my toiletries and make something am hungry. Dad had already told someone to load the kitchen necessities"

I took out the toiletries from the bag and went inside to give it to her. The room was very large and was just amazing. I handed it to her and went to the kitchen to make something.

After she finished eating I had my portion in the kitchen. Nothing is going to change I cannot sit next to her for eating as am her maid.

She went to take rest and I went to my room. Yes my old room was nothing when compared to this. The room was compact but it was too much for me though. I never had this big room. I just took my clothes and kept it in the cupboard.

The whole cupboard was empty as I had less clothes. I then took out my childhood photo album and my parent's photo. I looked at them and then kept it inside the cupboard. I still had one work pending that is to unpack Priya's belonging after she wakes up. I then put the blanket on the floor and closed my eyes to sleep.

How's the chapter ?