- 33 -

Edward Ryan's pov

Edward Ryan's pov..

I woke up from a restless sleep as the morning light trickled in through the blinds. My eyes were still shut as I soaked in the warmth of my covers before letting my blue eyes see the sun's rays. I turned to see Diya sleeping peacefully. She deserves this peacefulness. I got up and cleaned the house as I didn't want her to do anything for a while.

I came home from gym. As I entered the kitchen, I could hear sound of the vessels. I called her name and entered the kitchen. I could see her stirring something. When I called, she turned.

"Bonjour, mon amour (Good morning, my love - In french)" I said, taking a seat on the kitchen counter.

"What's that?" she creased her eyebrows in confusion.

"I just said Good morning in French. You always speak in some Indian language which I don't understand. Now, it's my turn"  I just wanted to engage her in some stupid conversation to divert her mind.

"Oh, suprabhaat patidev" she said, casually while opening the refrigerator.

"Huh?"

"It's Good morning in Hindi, one of the Indian languages" she said, smiling wickedly.

"God!! Leave me. I don't want this game. I'm sure I will lose to you. I will go get ready" I said, taking the flour which was near me, with my finger and applied it on her cheeks. I ran to my room the next second and closed the door while I heard her shouting something in her language.

I took my shower and got ready. Then, I joined her in the daily pooja when we heard the door bell ring.

It was mom " Edward. God!! I missed you soo much " she said and came to hug me.

"I missed you too mom" Diya kept the aarthi plate and walked towards us.

"Hi ma" she said and hugged her.

"From when you started calling her mom" I asked, turning at her.

"We always talk in phone. Didn't you notice that yesterday? Are you jealous? Don't worry, I call her ma and not mom" Diya said laughing and I fakedly rolled my eyes. But deep inside, I want her to get all the relationships and smile happily always.

My thoughts were disturbed when, Boo boo II joined us " Hii, boo boo II" mom said, while I laughed seeing Diya's face. He just wagged his tail happily. Don't ask me how he knew her already. He always see mom in video call.

"Ma. You go freshen up. I will keep the breakfast in the dining" she said and they both parted ways. My mom walked inside Diya's room and Diya went to the kitchen. Later, we all sat in the dining and started eating.

"Edward. What's this?" she asked, making me confused.

"Meaning"

"You both live in separate rooms. I can't accept this. You both aren't newly married. It has been months already" she said, looking at us.