Y5 .。:+*✧ Love, Isn't It?

A/N ~ just saying, uhh, your welcome.

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

'Dear Harry,

Dumbledore made me promise to not write more than fifty words in one letter. Trust me, I want to write to you, but this stupid rule is stopping me from doing so. I'll see you very soon, I promise. And I'm doing fine.

Love you (not),

Y/N'

"That sounds awful." Y/N said anxiously, as Hermione proof read her letter she was sending to Harry. "I've been here for three days and this is only the second letter I've written to him."

"I don't think your letter's awful." Hermione shrugged, handing Y/N back the letter. "He'll understand."

"Really? Because he was really bothered when you and Ron barely wrote him ." Said Y/N, but handed her letter to her brown owl. "Take this to Harry- and give him those puppy eyes you give me when you want treats." She said quietly.

Bamboo seemed to have let out a sigh, before batting his wings and heading out the window. Y/N turned back to Hermione and gave her a worried look.

"You know Harry overthinks." She said to the bushy-haired girl breathlessly. "And it's his birthday tomorrow, damn it! I can't even wish him a proper happy birthday."

"Y/N, I think you're the one that's overthinking right now." Hermione said gently, guiding Y/N to sit down on her bed. "Really. It'll be fine. It's just another month, and we all will see him again back at Hogwarts."

Y/N didn't show any sign of cheering up. She knew how much Harry hated the Dursleys- and the only thing that was keeping him alright with them were her daily letters.

"Let me read the letter he sent you this morning, again." Hermione said firmly- it wasn't a question.

Y/N nodded and pulled out the letter Harry had sent her earlier that morning.

She had kept on rereading it over and over, but it was no use. Harry was probably already upset.

'Y/N,

I'm assuming you're with Ron and Hermione, since you've developed their frustrating writing style, but thanks for at least telling me that you're alright. That's all I'm worried about. I really am confused as of why everyone decided to leave me here alone.

Love you (not),

Harry'

"Tell me that doesn't sound like he's pissed." Y/N said impatiently.

"No, I don't think he's mad at you- he sent Hedwig to attack me and Ron, but not you." Hermione said grimly, holding up her bandages fingers.

Apparently, Hedwig had started to peck her and Ron that morning for not writing long enough letters back to Harry.

"I still think it was petty of him to do that to you two," Y/N said with a sigh. "but just what if-"

"Y/N, forget about it." Hermione said firmly, handing Harry's letter back to her. "Let's just find something to do. You want to play chess with the others in Ron's room?"

"No."

"You wanna study?"

"No."

"I can teach you how to knit?"

"Yes, but not now." Y/N said tiredly, leaning back and falling onto Hermione's bed, pulling her heavy blanket over her head. Hermione gave her a look and pulled away the blanket.