Y7 .。.:*༄ A Battle Begins

A/N ~ Welcome, once again<3 We're so close to the end, it feels surreal. Hope you all enjoy the chapter xx

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

Y/N collapsed on the grassy shore, coughing and shuddering.

Though Harry could have happily lain down and slept, he staggered to his feet, drew out his wand, and started casting the usual protective spells around them.

Ron had given up and laid still on his back, as Hermione went through her beaded handbag.

It was the first time that Y/N saw all of them properly since escaping from the vault.

The three had red burns all over their faces and arms, and their clothing was singed away in places.

Hermione and Ron were wincing as they dabbed essence of dittany onto their many injuries.

"Well, on the upside," said Ron finally, now sitting and watching the skin on his hands regrow, "we got the Horcrux. On the downside-"

"No sword," said Y/N through gritted teeth, as she twisted the water out of her soaked robes.

"No sword," repeated Ron.

Hermione handed Harry the bottle of dittany, then pulled out dry robes for all of them.

"He knows," said Harry, suddenly, as he dropped some dittany onto his palms. "He knows we broke into Gringotts. He knows we stole the Horcrux... he knows we know about the Horcruxes."

"How is it you know all this?" Hermione shot, whipping her head around.

"I saw him," said Harry shamefully.

"You let him in? Harry, you can't do that!"

"Hermione, I can't help it!" said Harry, frustrated, as he pulled his soaked shirt over his head. "Or maybe I can, I don't know!"

"Never mind that, what happened?" Y/N frowned, buttoning up her new robes.

"Well, he's... he's really angry," Harry said quietly, his face paling. "He... he killed them."

"Who?"

"All of them... everyone at Gringotts," whispered Harry. "Griphook... there was blood everywhere."

No one responded to that. Not even Ron, who had been cursing Griphook all the way there.

Y/N tried not to picture the scene as she handed her wet clothes to Hermione, who stuffed everything into her handbag hurriedly.

"When you were in his mind," Ron said loudly, clearly noticing that Harry was upset. "Did you see anything that'd help us find the Horcruxes?"

"I... I did, actually," Harry looked up at the three of them. They stared back, waiting. "It's at Hogwarts. One of his Horcruxes is hidden at Hogwarts."

"What?"

"I just saw the castle and Rowena Ravenclaw," said Harry, rubbing his scar in irritation. "we have to go there- now."

"What?" Hermione repeated, looking at Harry as though he'd lost his mind. "We can't do that! We've got to plan, we've got to figure it out!"

"Well, look where one of our plans got us," Y/N laughed, looking around with her hands on her hips. "I'm very serious when I say I don't ever want to do that ever again."

"Exactly my point," said Harry. "We plan for weeks, but when we actually get to the plan, hell breaks loose. All. The. Time."

Hermione crossed her arms, frowning at the ground in deep thought.