Y7 .。.:*༄ Fire & Destruction

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

Y/N's ears were ringing loudly as endless explosions occurred around her, as well as roars and growls of creatures brought to the battle.

She tried not to look at the bodies on the floor, friend or foe, she wanted no one dead.

She caught a glimpse of a body in black robes that bore the Hufflepuff crest. She turned away immediately, feeling her throat tightening.

"There she is!" Cried a masked male Death Eater, from across the courtyard. As Y/N was expecting, he was pointing directly at her. "There's the Scamander g-!"

Y/N's spell hit him in the face. His body turned rigid, and for a moment Y/N didn't know if it'd hit him, but when he toppled over, she sighed in relief.

Around her, spiders the size of boars were skittering across the surface of the castle. People screamed and shrieked, running arms raised away from them.

A boarhound dog came barking along, jumping right at her, its whimpers sounding alarming.

"Fang- hey, Fang-!" Y/N tried to calm the dog down. It continued to leap on her. "Where's-?"

Her question answered itself. Amidst the furry crowd of spider legs, Y/N spotted a familiar bushy face.

Just as she rushed forwards to help him, Hagrid fell face-first onto the ground.

"Hagrid!" Y/N bellowed, fighting off Fang's attention as the enormous bearded figure clambered to his feet. "What the-?"

"Y/N, yer here! Yer here!"

Hagrid stooped down and bestowed upon Y/N a cursory and rib-cracking hug.

"I don' understand!" Hagrid cried as Y/N gasped for air. "Where are the others?"

"I don't know!" said Y/N. "I'm trying to find them, but I have to help the others out here,"

"No, you go find 'em, Y/N," Hagrid said firmly, giving her a rough pat on the shoulder. "I'll handle this... Grawpy! We got this, eh? There's a good lad!"

Y/N tilted her head up, and with a faint gasp, her eyes were met with Grawp the giant, who was grinning down at her with his toothy smile.

"Are you sure?" She asked Hagrid again.

"'Course!" Hagrid replied, leaping away from another red jet of light.

"Alright! I'll see you!" And with that, Y/N sprinted back into the castle.

In a way, she was furious with Ron and Hermione for not telling her where they were going.

On the other hand, she was glad they had something to do. That meant they had a plan.

She arrived in the Great Hall and was faced with two other Death Eaters.

She recognized one of them- a blonde and sneering Death Eater by the name of Mulciber.

"We'll be rewarded good," Mulciber laughed maniacally. "Thanks to you, Y/N Scamander!"

Y/N ignored him and directed a Stunning Spell at both of them, but missed both times.

Mulciber continued to laugh as he sent a jet of purple light right at her, at the exact same time as the other Death Eater cast a striking green jet of light at her.

Y/N gasped and jumped away merely half a second in time, but she had to sacrifice her face to Mulciber's purple curse.

She didn't know what exactly it was, but it hit her head like a hammer. She could hear something crack, as she was knocked off her feet.