Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Tea With Buckbeak

A/N ~ I hope you're liking the story!

ϟ ͛ △⃒⃘

It's been a week at Hogwarts and a lot has already happened...

Firstly, Harry had passed out from the Dementor attack on the train and got bullied about it for days. Second, Y/N officially had a subject she hated: Divinations with Professor Trelawny. Y/N had always hated the thought of staring into a crystal ball and predicting her death from the the shape of her eye cells. Or in her case, it was tea leaves she had to stare at.

"Miss Scamander, please take an inner look at Miss Granger's tea leaves." Professor Trelawny said in low and raspy voice. The teacher wore round glasses and dozens of beaded necklaces around her neck.

Y/N tried her best not to roll her eyes.

"Alright," she said and picked up Hermione's teacup. She stared into the blob of leftover tea leaves and blinked. 'It looks like a head,' she thought. 'It looks like someone wearing glasses... hey! it kind of looked like Harry.' she smirked at the thought of telling Harry that a blob of boiled leaves reminded her of him. "It looks like a fish." she stated out loud. The class laughed.

"Miss Scamander, I would like you to take this seriously." Professor Trelawny looked at her sternly. Hermione was the one to roll her eyes this time. Y/N sighed.

"It looks like a face," Y/N said grimly. "of someone smiling."

Professor Trelawny raised her eyebrows and nodded slowly, making Y/N frown.

"Is this face... clear, Miss Scamander?" Trelawny asked.

"Sure," Y/N shrugged.

"Miss Scamander..." the professor said in her shaky voice and attempted to give Y/N a sweet smile.

"Yes?" Y/N tried to sound as polite as possible.

"Why, Y/N, dear... this particular form you are seeing in Miss Granger's cup, is a sign meant for you, not Miss Granger." Professor Trelawny nodded slowly once again. "The Joyful Face is a sign that the you, Miss Scamander, are deeply in love, and will be loved back. Yes, yes, that boy, or girl, is very lucky..."

The class sniggered as Y/N blushed furiously. Harry and Ron let out 'ooooh' noises and smirked. Y/N and Hermione were not having it. Y/N huffed and glared the floor, while Hermione repeatedly rolled her eyes.

"Tell me, dear Y/N." Professor Trelawny continued. "Who's face are you seeing in this teacup? Because if that person is in this room, he or she would be thrilled to know your love-"

"But what is the logic behind this?" Y/N asked, growing impatient. "Even if your 'sign' is true, it's Hermione's cup. She drank the tea. How is it meant for me if it's from Hermione's cup?"

"Well, dear." Professor Trelawny chuckled. "This is The Joyful Face, we're talking about. It could be seen in tea leaf reading or lunar reading, and it is the true sign of love. It is only seen if it needs seeing...It is a sign for you..."

At this point, Y/N was laughing along with the others. She had never heard of anything so ridiculous. Again, it was just her eye cells messing around. She looked into Hermione's teacup once more and looked away immediately. As hysterical as the class was, Y/N couldn't help but notice how she vividly saw Harry's face in the teacup, twice. And didn't even pay attention when Professor Trelawny announced to the class that Harry had the Grim, the omen of death.

ϟ ͛ △⃒⃘

Y/N shrieked in horror when she unleashed her Monster Book of Monsters. It was in the afternoon and they had Care of Magical Creatures with Hagrid. They were supposed to read a chapter about Hippogriffs and Y/N apparently opened her book before Hagrid could tell them how to.