Y7 .。.:*༄ The Lovegood Fiasco

A/N ~ HEY EVERYONE. I see most people are starting to go back to school and are exhausted. I personally have been drained since going back, so here's a new chapter for u all- it's the least I can do<3

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

They've been walking up the hill of Ottery St Catchpole for hours.

Ron had slightly miscalculated the distance between the Lovegoods' house and The Burrow.

Since they didn't know exactly where Luna's house was, it was impossible for them to Apparate there.

"I think we're almost there!" Ron said brightly, for the sixth time.

Harry, Y/N, and Hermione scowled at him, for the fifth time, all of them sweaty and out of breath.

Ron had the advantage of having long legs and not being under the Invisibility Cloak.

Y/N sighed and wiped away the beads of sweat from her forehead.

"Harry, hand the water over," she panted, extending her hand out to the empty space next to her.

"What's the magic word?" The air snarled at her in Harry's voice.

"You better hope it isn't Avada Kedavra," Y/N stared daggers at him. Or at least where she thought he was.

"No magic word, no water," Harry said in a sing-song voice.

Y/N rolled her eyes, though she couldn't help but smile. She'd missed this.

"Please," She scoffed.

"That wasn't too bad," Harry nudged her with his invisible elbow.

He scrambled through his bag and a second later, a hand holding a water bottle appeared out of thin air beside Y/N.

"Your water, m'lady,"

"Thank you, m'Harry,"

"Aha!" shouted Ron, suddenly.

He was pointing toward the most strange-looking house Y/N has ever seen, a great black cylinder in the middle of almost nowhere.

"That's got to be Luna's house, who else would live in a place like that? It looks like a giant rook!"

"It's nothing like a bird," said Hermione, frowning at the tower.

"I was talking about a chess rook," said Ron. "A castle to you."

Ron raced himself up to the top of the hill, not taking a single look back at the rest of them.

When Harry, Y/N, and Hermione caught up with him, panting and clutching their sides, they found him grinning broadly.

"It's theirs," said Ron. "Look."

He pointed at three hand-painted signs tacked to a broken-down gate.

THE QUIBBLER EDITOR: X. LOVEGOOD

and

PICK YOUR OWN MISTLETOE

and finally,

KEEP OFF THE DIRIGIBLE PLUMS

The four walked through the gate, looking around with interest.

The decorations made it very clear it was the Lovegoods' home.

"You'd better take off the Invisibility Cloak, Harry," said Hermione, when they reached the front door. "It's you Mr Lovegood wants to help, not us."