Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Boggarts & Butterbeers

A/N ~ Quick note, I'm aware the timeline is not so accurate if you actually check the events that happened during this chapter in the POA book, but it still makes sense. Anyways, hope you enjoy!

ϟ ͛ △⃒⃘

"Repeat after me, class- Ridikulus!" Professor Lupin said kindly, as the cupboard in the middle of the room shook violently.

"Ridikulus!" the third years repeated in union.

"This class is ridiculous." Y/N heard Draco Malfoy mutter as Crabbe and Goyle sniggered. His arm was bandaged up in a thick layer of cloth.

"Not as ridiculous as being a daddy's boy." Y/N shot at him, making Harry laugh. Draco glared at her and stepped forward angrily.

"Don't you dare speak to me, blood-traitor!" he spat and Y/N made a fist.

"Hey, you two, is there a problem?" Professor Lupin looked at them in concern, making the whole class turn to the two. They both backed away from each other shamefully and said,

"Nothing, Professor."

"Good... so let me find a volunteer." Professor Lupin stroked his chin thoughtfully. "Ah, Mr Longbottom, please come join me up front." he reached a hand out for the frightened Neville Longbottom.  Neville whimpered and slowly stepped towards the Professor.

Meanwhile, Harry grabbed onto Y/N's hand.

"What are you doing, Harry?" Y/N whispered and looked down at Harry's grip.

"Making sure you don't hex Malfoy into a ferret or something." he grinned. Y/N scoffed but let him hold onto her hand. She turned back to the lesson just in time to see Neville's Boggart turn into a scary looking Severus Snape.

"The only thing that's scary about Snape is the power of his greasy hair." Y/N muttered and smiled to herself. Harry heard her and chuckled.

"Did you just say what I thought you said?" Harry asked, amused.

"Focus, Potter." Y/N said playfully and turned back to Professor Lupin's lesson. The two watched as Neville yell, 'Ridikulus' and as Snape's outfit changed into an old-fashioned lady's outfit. It was Neville's grandmother's outfit. Snape's face looked horrified and his dead crow hat slipped from his greasy hair and onto the floor. The class burst into laughter, and even Neville let out a snort.

"Excellent, marvellous job, Neville!" Professor Lupin clapped. "Form a line, everyone, no pushing. And think of something you find hysterical! Go on, Parvati." he then turned on some funky music to go along with the lesson and sat on top of a desk.

As Parvati stepped forwards, the Boggart Snape spun madly and quickly shape shifted into a horrifying mummy. The girl stepped back in horror, her eyes wide with shock.

"Come one, Parvati, you know the spell!" Professor Lupin reminded her.

Parvati took a deep breath and pulled out her wand, pointing it directly at the Boggart.

"Ridikulus!" she exclaimed confidently. The mummy stumbled and turned into a pile of toilet paper. Y/N and Harry laughed, as well as the others. Parvati smiled proudly and stepped back for the next person to have a turn.

Throughout the lesson, the Boggart changed into various things. It was entertaining for Y/N to discover her class mates's worst fears. A snake, a Banshee, a giant spider (of course, Ron!), an abusive mother... and soon enough, it was Y/N's turn.

"Go on, Miss Scamander!" Professor Lupin encouraged her.

Y/N took a deep breath and stepped forward, allowing the Boggart to sense her fear. It immediately spun and changed its form... After a while, the Boggart stopped shape shifting, and Y/N found herself looking at her three best friends, Hermione, Ron and Harry. They looked up at her and smiled and Y/N could feel herself smile back.