Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ The Unplanned Mission

A/N ~ You all know what's about to happen...

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

It was a quarter to ten at night and the sun was beginning to stoop low.

Y/N and Harry watched the sunset in silence as they leaned against the trunk of the apple tree at the end of the meadow.

The sunset was ethereal. The bright orange sun sank behind the treetops of the forbidden forest, striking rays of pink and gold before them.

Y/N wondered in her head why it looked so alluring that day.

Or has it always been this breathtakingly beautiful, but was only noticed on some days?

"It's beautiful," Y/N smiled, though it's been minutes since the peak of the sunset.

"Is it?" said Harry. "Why's so?"

"It makes me happy," Y/N replied. It didn't make sense, but it felt right.

"What about it makes you happy?" Harry asked curiously, glancing sideways at her.

"The colours, I suppose?" said Y/N, frowning, as she studied the sky. But crayons didn't make her happy, and they were colourful... "The brightness?" Light bulbs didn't appeal to her much either...

"That's it?"

"No... that's not even part of it." Y/N said thoughtfully.

"Huh..." said Harry.

"I... have no idea what's so great about it." Y/N said, slowly, "Just looking at it makes me happy." she closed her eyes... the powerful feeling still remained. "No... just being in its presence makes me happy."

She opened her eyes again and glanced at Harry, to see that a small smile had appeared on his face.

"You described it perfectly." said Harry, happily, "If you ever wonder what it feels like to be in love with you, just compare yourself to the sunset."

Y/N blinked and stared at him. His adorable grin, his messy raven black hair, his round glasses, his bright green eyes.

Over the years they've been together, Harry made her feel special and valued.

She'd always been secretly insecure and sometimes even ashamed about herself, growing up, though she told no one.

It was like Harry had handed her a mirror that showed the reflection of the wonderful person she truly was.

"No one's ever compared me to a sunset before," she said quietly, sounding stunned.

"The sunset's presence makes you happy- like how your presence makes me happy," Harry shrugged. "Also... because the sun's pretty hot, and, well..."

Harry smirked and looked her up and down briefly.

"Way to ruin the moment, Harry Potter," Y/N laughed, grinning and shaking her head, as she felt blood rush to her face. "You're an arse."

"An arse that speaks facts."

"You're lucky I'm not in the mood to object," said Y/N, reaching out her hand and messing up his hair as she got up to her feet. "C'mon, let's go inside before it gets dark real quick."

"Helping hand?" Harry reached out his hand to her, grinning innocently. "Go on, don't leave me hanging,"

Y/N smiled and grasped his hand, pulling him up to his feet with slight struggle.