Ten Years Later

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first of September was crisp as an apple at the Potter's home in Godric's Hollow.

Y/N hurried around the kitchen, waving her wand, making plates and ingredients fly into place.

The soft morning light was shining through the blinds, directly in her face, but Y/N was too busy to bother.

Dobby had run back from the pantry for the third time that morning, packets of crackers bouncing against his purple shirt, his face beaming.

"Dobby, you'd spoil him with all those snacks," Y/N half laughed half scolded the elf.

"Sorry, Miss, Dobby is just excited for Little Master's first day!" Dobby said excitedly.

Y/N smiled, shaking her head, as four plates of breakfast gently landed on the kitchen counter.

"Does Dobby need to prepare for Lunch, Mistress Y/N?" The elf asked as he ran back to her.

"Oh, there's no need- didn't Harry tell you?" Y/N raised her eyebrows. Dobby shook his head. "We're having lunch with Reg at Grimmauld Place. You're welcome to come along,"

"Thank you, Mistress," Dobby beamed. "Dobby can help Kreacher in the kitchen, too!"

"Of course," said Y/N, smiling. "Just remember to get some rest, Dobby."

She looked at the old wooden clock on the wall. It was exactly ten o'clock in the morning.

"Harry!" She called down the hall. "Harry, don't tell me you're still struggling with that tie!"

"I'm really not!" came Harry's voice, as he shuffled into the room, his hands fumbling at the collar of his shirt.

His hair was in neat locks, as of earlier that morning, a style he put on for rare occasions only. It had frizzed up and was now pointing in every direction. Y/N suspected Harry had ruffled it out because he liked it messy.

His eyes met hers from across the room behind his new black-framed glasses

His eyes met hers from across the room behind his new black-framed glasses. Harry came to a halt and tilted his head, frowning just slightly.

"You look beautiful in that lighting," He observed, mumbling to himself. He always beat her to it.

"You're beautiful too, Harry."

"Can I please quickly go get my camera?"

"Don't you dare," warned Y/N, though she couldn't help but blush sheepishly.

"Just one picture- please?" Harry was already framing the scene with his fingers, stepping backwards to widen the picture.

"We're already late, so absolutely n- oh, Dobby," Y/N sighed. The elf had just snapped his fingers and Harry's beloved film camera appeared around his neck.