Y5 .。:+*✧ A Rocky Start

A/N ~ OK so originally, this chapter was twice as long, but I decided to split it into two chapters so I can at least get this first part done today and publish it.

TW: Blood quill scene.

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

The next morning, Y/N woke up excitedly for her first day back at Hogwarts.

It was always the only day that she would wake up automatically, without Hermione's help.

"Good morning, Y/N," Hermione smiled, as Y/N stretched in her bed and kicked off her blanket.

"G'morning, Hermy," Y/N said droopily, finally sitting up and looking around the room.

Hermione was sitting cross-legged on her own bed and was going through their timetable and shoving the books they needed for the day into her large bag. Lavender and Parvati were already gone.

"I had a little... verbal fight with Lavender." Hermione explained casually, when she saw Y/N's eyes scan the room.

"What? What for?" Y/N questioned, already having a good guess in her mind.

"Lavender still thinks Harry is lying about You-Know-Who." Hermione muttered, not looking up from her book-organising.

"Well?" Y/N asked slowly.

"Well what?"

"Did you win the 'verbal fight'?" Y/N asked impatiently. Hermione looked up at her slowly, before bursting into laughter.

"Yes, I would say." she chuckled, finally zipping up her bag. "Got Parvati clapping her hand on her mouth a few times."

The two girls swapped triumphant grins and quickly got ready for their first class.

They arrived at the mildly engaged Great Hall, where students were chatting excitedly from every table, and ghosts were floating around everywhere.

Y/N spotted Harry and Ron at the end of the Gyrffindor table and beamed, leading Hermione to the two boys.

She caught Harry's eye and grinned, taking a seat next to him.

"Hullo," she greeted the raven-haired boy brightly, only to receive a mumbled 'morning,' in return. "What's got your wand in a knot?" Y/N asked, frowning at Harry's frustrated expression.

She had expected at least a peck on the cheek from him, what he always did back at Grimmauld Place, but he wasn't looking so cheerful.

"Seamus still believes the Daily Prophet," Ron explained.

"Yes, Lavender thinks so too," Hermione said gloomily.

"Been having a nice chat with her about whether or not I'm a lying, attention-seeking prat, have you?" Harry said loudly, attacking his scrambled eggs with his fork violently.

"No," Y/N said with a frown, before Hermione could open her mouth. "in fact, Hermione told her to keep her big fat mouth shut. And it would it be nice if you would stop jumping down our throats, Harry. If you haven't noticed, we're all on your side."

There was a short pause.

"Sorry," Harry said in a low voice, looking at his friends apologetically.

"That's quite alright," said Hermione with dignity.

The Quartet quietly finished their breakfast and checked their schedule for the day... it didn't look so entertaining.