Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ A Match to Remember

A/N ~ HEY BESTIES, HERE WITH ANOTHER LATE UPDATE. Believe it or not, we're pretty close to the end of sixth year !!

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

When Y/N and Harry returned to the kitchen, they could tell the atmosphere was tenser than how they left it.

Bill, Mr and Mrs Weasley were bunched up in a corner, as though threatened.

Tonks and Sirius were sitting at the dining table and had identical frowns on their faces. They were whispering to each other quietly and glancing hesitantly at Remus.

Remus was left alone in front of the fireplace, as though he's been put on timeout. He was faced away and was staring into the flames of the fire.

"Y/N, Harry, where have you been?" Tonks was first to notice their return.

The Monopoly people looked up at this but quickly went back to their game when Mrs Weasley shot them a warning look.

Y/N caught a quick glimpse of Harry's look of guilt and turned to Tonks.

"Just the bathroom," Y/N replied.

"With Harry?" Sirius grunted, crossing his arms.

"No! We just bumped into each other," Harry quickly said, his face turning pink.

"Harry, come here, we need to talk," Sirius said, his voice dangerously low.

Harry bit his lip and made his way to his godfather cautiously. Tonks stood up from her seat and offered it to him.

She then caught Y/N's eye and mouthed 'talk to your godfather.' Y/N nodded and silently strode across the room to Remus Lupin.

He was staring into the fireplace determinedly, even when she went over and sat beside him.

Y/N waited for him to acknowledge her, but Remus didn't even bother. She finally sighed and cleared her throat.

"What's wrong?" she asked quietly, knowing well what was wrong.

"What's wrong?" Remus scoffed, shaking his head, his gaze not leaving the fireplace. "I warned you... I warned him."

"What did you expect, Remus?" Y/N asked. "For Harry and I to- to stay together for the rest of our lives? You really believed that?"

"Yeah, maybe did," Remus scoffed again, "because I saw the James in Harry- and James knew, from the age of fifteen, he was going to love Lily forever."

"We're not Lily and James," Y/N whispered, looking hesitantly at Remus' glowing face. "I'm sure James did love Lily from the age of fifteen, but Harry doesn't- he doesn't..."

Y/N couldn't even bring herself to say it.

"Did you love him?" Remus retorted, now looking at her in the eye. Y/N was slightly intimidated by his gaze. "Do you love him?"

"It doesn't matter," Y/N said harshly, "what matters is- now that it's all over, you can't be upset about it. That's my job, leave it to me." Y/N laughed weakly.

Remus stared at her for a moment, and Y/N thought he was going to say something stubborn, but a small smile appeared.

Y/N couldn't help but raise her eyebrows in surprise.

"Sarcastic humor's always been your mother's thing," said Remus, "she'd say things at the worst times."

Y/N smiled and put a hand on her godfather's arm gently.