Y5 .。:+*✧ Night Changes

A/N ~ So very sorry for the late update!! I'll be updating twice a week from now on for 3 weeks though :)

Hope you enjoy the chapter x

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

Harry pulled himself and Y/N free of Umbridge's grasp as the door of Dumbledore's office swung shut behind them.

In the room was of course Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall, plus three other familiar strangers.

Cornelius Fudge was glaring at them with a kind of vicious satisfaction on his face, with Percy Weasley and Kingsley Shacklebolt by his side.

"Well," said the Minister. "Well, well, well..."

Y/N replied with the dirtiest look she could muster.

"They were heading back to Gryffindor Tower," said Umbridge excitedly. "The Malfoy boy cornered them."

"Did he, did he?" said Fudge appreciatively. "I must remember to tell Lucius. Well, Potter... I expect you know why you are here?"

It seemed like Fudge was targeting Harry more than Y/N.

"No." Harry replied, returning the same stubborn smirk.

"I beg you pardon?" Fudge fired.

"No, I don't know why I'm here" said Harry again, firmly.

"Scamander, do you?" the Minister demanded, whirling around to Y/N.

Y/N felt slightly uncomfortable knowing that Fudge was her mother's boss.

"Not a clue." she replied, holding her breath as she stared back at Fudge's grey eyes.

Fudge looked incredulously from Harry to Y/N, then to Umbridge.

Harry took advantage of his momentary inattention to steal another quick look at Dumbledore, who gave the carpet the tiniest of nods and the shadow of a wink.

"You are not aware that you have broken any school rules?" Fudge asked the two Gryffindors.

"School rules?" said Harry. "No."

"Or Ministry Decrees?" amended Fudge angrily.

"Not that we're aware of," said Y/N blandly.

She gave Fudge and Umbridge her best innocent look.

Umbridge's nostrils flared in frustration.

"So, it's news to you, is it," said Fudge, his voice now thick with anger, "that an illegal student organization has been discovered within this school?"

"Yes, it is," said Harry, stepping slightly in front of Y/N.

"No worries, no worries..." a triumphant smile spread of Fudge's face. "there's nothing like a good witness, is there, Dumbledore?"

"Nothing at all, Cornelius," said Dumbledore gravely, inclining his head.

There was a wait of several minutes, in which Harry tried to reassure Y/N through his eyes that they were going to be alright- then, they heard thedoor open behind them.

Umbridge moved past him into the room, gripping by the shoulder Cho's curly-haired friend, Marietta Edgecombe, who was hiding her face in her hands.

"Don't be scared, dear, don't be frightened," said Professor Umbridge softly, patting her on the back, "it's quite all right, now. You have done the right thing."