Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Expecto Patronum?

A/N ~ Heyyy I'm back with another chapter :) This chapter is quite short and is just a fill-in, but I find a particular scene really heart warming. I hope you all like it, too. Btw, I have really good ideas for the Yule Ball and I can't wait for year 4. But that's for later... for now, enjoy!!

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

Harry, Y/N, Ron, and partly Hermione enjoyed their Christmas break dearly.

Every day was filled with excitement and laughs (even though Ron and Hermione were still being petty idiots).

They played wizard's chess, played in the snow, and helped Hagrid with his magical creatures.

They were informed that Buckbeak was sentenced to death after attacking Malfoy, and they couldn't do anything about it. Hagrid told a devastated Y/N one evening that the right thing to do was to make sure the creature lives happily till the very end.

So that was what she was determined to do.

"I remember meeting your grandfather, Y/N." Hagrid chuckled while Y/N fed Buckbeak a dead ferret. "You're just like him."

"Baby Niffler Scamander." Harry teased. Y/N scowled and threw a dead ferret at him, making Harry dive away with a yelp. Hagrid laughed.

"Well... not exactly like him. Newt was a sweet and gentle guy." he said. Harry, Ron and Hermione laughed.

There was a muggle saying that Y/N's Uncle Jacob always said- 'time flies when you're having fun'.

And indeed, it did. After afternoons  of snowball fighting in the snow and pranking Percy and Filch, the break quickly came to an end.

Students were starting to come back, and so did their school stress.

It was the day before school started, and Harry was wondering around the hallways, trying to find his friends.

Even though he's been at Hogwarts for more than 2 years, he still got lost all the time.

Harry moved past the big crowd of students and froze at his spot when he say a pretty girl with shiny black hair.

She caught Harry's glance and he nearly tripped.

She was smiling at him widely and waving from her group of Ravenclaw friends- Cho Chang, the Ravenclaw Seeker.

Harry smiled back, blushing slightly red. Cho was undoubtedly pretty and also very popular.

"Harold, there you are!" Y/N called from behind him. Then, as though he'd been Obliviated, the thought of Cho Chang disappeared from his mind completely.

Y/N's smile was glowing in the crowd. Harry turned back and grinned as the girl approached him.

"What're you doing here?" she asked. She was wearing the F/C beanie that Harry had given her on Christmas. It complimented her hair perfectly.

Y/N gave him a grin and Harry felt his stomach do weird things.

"I know I'm beautiful, but please answer my question." Y/N said, chuckling slightly. Harry blushed a deep colour of red.

"Oh- um, well," Harry started. "I was-"

"Oli's looking for you," Y/N said quickly. Harry's lips parted slightly and he raised his eyebrows.

"Who the hell?" he asked, confused. Y/N frowned and snapped her fingers in front of his face.

"Oli- ver? Oliver Wood? Your captain?" she reminded him.