Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Out in the Meadow

A/N ~ I promise I'll be updating more during summer break, for now, enjoy this short and sweet chapter with extra fluff :)

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

"I won't say 'I told you so,'" said Hermione, an hour later in the common room.

"Leave it, Hermione," said Ron angrily.

Harry had just finished telling Y/N, Ron, and Hermione what had happened- not that there seemed to have been much need...

The news had traveled very fast- apparently, Moaning Myrtle had taken it upon herself to pop up in every bathroom in the castle to tell the story.

Malfoy had already been visited in the hospital wing by a worried Pansy Parkinson, who had practically lost her mind when she found out, according to Ginny.

Harry had received Snape's punishment of detention every Saturday until the end of term.

But the looks on the Gryffindor Quidditch team's faces when he had told them he would not be able to play on Saturday, their last and final match, had been the worst punishment of all.

They were most unhappy that their Captain had got himself banned from the final match of the season that will determine which house would get the Quidditch cup.

Especially Y/N, who practically sank back into the ground when he told her she would have to be playing Seeker on Saturday.

Ritchie Coote would be rejoining the team as Beater in her place.

"I told you there was something wrong with that Prince person," Hermione said, unable to stop herself. "And I was right, wasn't I?"

"No, I don't think you were," said Harry stubbornly.

"Harry," said Hermione, "how can you still stick up for that book when that spell-"

"Will you stop harping on about the book!" snapped Harry. "For all we know, the prince was making a note of something that had been used against him!"

"I don't believe this," said Hermione. "You're actually defending-"

"I'm not defending what I did!" said Harry quickly. "I wish I hadn't done it, and not just because I've got about a dozen detentions."

Hermione didn't look convinced.

"You know I wouldn't've used a spell like that," Harry continued hotly, "not even on Malfoy."

"Are you telling me," said Hermione, "that you're going to go back-?"

"And get the book from the Room of Requirements? Yeah, I am," said Harry forcefully. "Listen, without the Prince, I'd never have-"

"-gotten a reputation for Potions brilliance you don't deserve?" said Hermione nastily.

"Godric, give it a rest, Hermione," said Y/N. Harry was so amazed, so grateful, he looked up. "If you've forgotten, Malfoy was about to use the Cruciatus Curse on him. You should be glad he defended himself."

"Well, of course, I'm glad Harry wasn't cursed!" said Hermione, clearly stung. "But I'd have thought you'd agree with me, Y/N, seeing what this has done to your chances in the match-"

"I'd rather play a position I despise, for once, than have Harry tortured!" Y/N snapped. "I've had enough of that spell being used on my loved ones!"

Hermione fell silent, looking slightly stunned.

The Cruciatus curse has been a sensitive topic to Y/N, given what had happened with her father- therefore, seeing her speak about it now was really saying something.