Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ The Reconciliation

A/N ~ HEY I'M BACK WITH ANOTHER CHAPTER!! Hope this makes your week a little better, enjoy!! :)

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

The next thing Y/N knew, she was lying in a warm and comfortable bed and looking up at a bright lamp.

Her head felt abnormally numb as she stirred on the bed. Then, with some force, she raised her head awkwardly.

There on her left was a familiar-looking, freckly, red-haired person.

"Nice of you to drop in," said Ron, grinning. "How're you feeling?"

Y/N blinked and looked around- of course, she was in the hospital wing.

The sun was setting outside, meaning the match must have finished hours ago.

Y/N raised a hand and touched her forehead, feeling a stiff turban of bandages around her head.

"What happened?" she asked blankly.

"Cracked skull," said Madam Pomfrey, bustling in and pushing her back against her pillows. "Nothing to worry about, I mended it at once, but I'm keeping you in overnight."

Then, with a great hot rush of realization, Y/N remembered what happened. Cormac McLaggen had hit her with a Bludger, which had apparently fractured her skull.

"I don't want to stay here overnight," said Y/N at once, sitting up and throwing back her covers. "I want to find McLaggen and kill him."

"I'm afraid that would mean more overexertion," said Madam Pomfrey, pushing her firmly back onto the bed. "You will stay here and kill no one, Miss Scamander."

"Besides, Harry's already done that for you," Ron shrugged.

"Harry... what?" Y/N said wearingly, sinking back into her pillows.

Madam Pomfrey looked glad Ron had distracted her. She pursed her lips and strode back to her office.

Y/N bolted right up again when the nurse was out of sight.

"What happened after I fell?" she asked Ron, her heart pounding heavily. She wasn't sure she wanted to know, but she asked anyway.

"Well, Harry was the one who caught you when you fell," Ron explained quietly. "He was furious. You should've seen... so was Rolf."

"They're both Seekers..." Y/N muttered. "Did we-?"

"We didn't win," said Ron apologetically. "Final score was three hundred and twenty to sixty."

"Well shit," Y/N groaned, covering her face.

"Rolf caught the Snitch right after you fell," said Ron, "he didn't know what was happening, though. When he noticed your unconscious body, he jumped off his broom- almost broke his ankle."

"I'm going to end McLaggen," said Y/N savagely. "As soon as I get to leave this place-"

"You don't want to get hold of him, he's the size of a troll," said Ron reasonably. "Plus, Harry and Rolf and the rest of the team already dealt with him, they're not happy..."

"If by 'dealt' with him you mean lectured him, you're not stopping me-"

"Harry kind of punched him in the jaw," said Ron. There was a note of badly suppressed glee in his voice. Y/N fell silent. "Right after the professors took care of you, he ran up to McLaggen and..."

Ron gestured a dramatic punch and the sound of cracking bone.

"I saw the blood from up here," Ron continued, "Rolf looked like he wanted to join him, but his team held him back."