Prologue

A/N ~ this prologue is pretty important, so skip at your own will :) I really hope you guys enjoy the story x

Y/N Scamander was the daughter of two rich Hufflepuffs. She had H/C hair and shining E/C eyes and a sarcastic but cheerful personality.

Y/N was the youngest child, and had a brother, Rolf Scamander, who was a year older than her... he was also a Hufflepuff, just like their mother and father and everybody else in their pure-blood family.

Y/N also had an unusual secret that even her closest friends and parents didn't know about: Whenever she'd lost her temper, as in screaming in anger level, she causes destruction in some sort of way.

Once, when she was 7 years old, she was angry at her brother for hitting her with his toy broomstick. She accidentally made the broom burst into dust  in one blink. And the scary part was, she didn't remember when or how it happened.

Only her brother knew about it... she made him promise not to tell their parents. She knew it wasn't a good thing, and was afraid they would fear her for having the ability to destroy things.

The destruction has gotten worse and worse every time she lost her temper, but luckily, it didn't happen very often. It sometimes made her fear herself. Perhaps one day she would understand what it was, but for now, it was her little secret...

ϟ ͛ △⃒⃘

"Ready for your first year, Niff?" Rolf asked, nudging Y/N's shoulder. The 11 year old Y/N growled as she pushed her trolley through the busy King's Cross station grumpily. Y/N's trunk and owl cage shook slightly as she walked faster.

"Don't you dare call me that at school." she said with her nose in the air. Niff was a nickname Rolf had given to her, because he thought she sounded like a Niffler when she cried (which was not really often). Y/N never liked that nickname, but she was now stuck with it.

"Hey guys, would you mind not snapping at each other all the time?" Their father said from beside Rolf. Mr Scamander was a kind looking man at the age of 35. Every male on his side of the family (including Rolf) had puffy dirty blonde hair and a charming smile.

Mr. Scamander checked his watch. "Oh Merlin, we're going to be late." he walked faster.

"Hurry, Rolf, you go through the barrier with Dad. And Y/N, you follow me after." said their mother.

Mrs Scamander was a beautiful Y/NA (your nationality) witch. She had a bubbly but cocky personality, and she was often seen smiling... Y/N's looks resembled her mother's drastically, although their personalities were totally the opposite. Mrs Scamander was also a very well-known Auror (aka dark wizard catcher). 

Rolf and Mr Scamander picked up their speed and rushed through the barrier between platform 9 and 10. Mrs Scamander looked down at her daughter and smiled warmly.

"Ready, Niff?" she asked teasingly. Y/N huffed.

"So funny, Mum." she said, unamused, making her mother chuckle. "But I'm ready."

The two looked at the hard brick wall in front of them. They started to walk fast at first, and eventually broke into a jogging run. Y/N closed her eyes as the barrier came closer to her. A gush of wind blew into her face, and when Y/N opened her eyes, she found herself in the middle of a crowded platform 9 3/4. The red Hogwarts Express gleamed above the train tracks beautifully.

"C'mon, Darling. We've lost Dad and Rolf." Mrs Scamander said. Y/N gaped at the sight of the Hogwarts Express. She was extremely excited and Nervous for Hogwarts. Her brown owl, Bamboo, hooted happily in his cage. "Sean! Rolf! We're over here," Mrs Scamander called, waving her hand in the air, but Mr Scamander and Rolf did not hear her through the loud platform.