Y4 .。.:*☆ The Task & The Aftermath

A/N ~ Forth year is coming to an end soon ahhh :') This is the longest chapter I've ever written yet. Also, I can't stop putting lame gen z references in this story goodbye-

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

(One month after the Yule Ball...)

Y/N felt like she was dead. She was alive, but dead.

The past month has been a blank and empty memory for her, in the worse way possible.

She went to all her classes with Hermione, saying nothing, answering nothing- just doing her work in the back of the class silently.

After Rita Skeeter's horrible article about Hagrid after the ball, Y/N had reported the woman's invasion of privacy to Dumbledore, who immediately banned Skeeter from the Hogwarts grounds.

The fact that that was the only good thing that happened in the past month was quite concerning...

Many people had gotten together, after the Yule Ball, mostly with the people they didn't even go to the ball with.

Ginny was now dating Micheal Corner, a dark haired Ravenclaw, Fred and Angelina were talking, and Rolf and Luna were hanging out a lot more often, even though Luna didn't seem to want anything more than their friendship.

Hermione and Krum were a thing, but Hermione barely talked about it, with Y/N. She didn't want to rub it in for her.

Cho and Cedric were also a couple. Turns out, Harry didn't please Cho much, and Fleur did not like Cedric at all- 'I go for the looks, but I only stay for the personality.' were her words.

But that didn't make any difference to Y/N's anger towards Harry.

Sure, it wasn't his fault that he was drugged with love potion by Fred and George, but he didn't seem to try and make up with her, afterwards, at all.

Y/N hated Harry's presence. It reminded her of the happy moments they had together- and how she'll never get to experience them ever again.

She almost forgot what smiling was like. Fleur and Hermione would make her laugh occasionally, but it was nothing- nothing like how Harry made her laugh.

She didn't know how he was keeping up; she didn't want to know. Because if he were completely fine without her, that would crush her ten times more.

Hermione had decided she was not going to talk to either Ron or Harry, for Y/N's sake. She, too, didn't seem as cheerful as always.

"I told you, Hermione," Y/N said weakly. "You can go talk to them. They're still your friends."

"Not without you, no," Hermione said stiffly. "Our friendship is nonexistent without you."

That made Y/N feel even more horrible.

She couldn't stand the Quartet being seperated, she couldn't stand bumping into Harry around the castle (especially after the day in the prefects' bathroom), she couldn't stand Malfoy's creepy sneers, and she couldn't stand not being with Harry in general.

His absence made her realize that it was too late. It was too late for her to turn back from falling for him.

(A/N ~ The next little scene was requested by one of you guys, enjoy<3)

The start of February felt unreal, just because Y/N had spent the whole of January not saying a single word to Ron or Harry at all.

And she didn't think she could take it any longer.