Y5 .。:+*✧ It's Just a Game

A/N ~ going into spring break soon and imma try update more frequently- enjoy the chapter :)

& watch me embarrass myself with more spelling mistakes😩

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

The Gryffindor versus Hufflepuff Quidditch match was only a week away.

Y/N had attended two practices so far, and knew in her heart that she was good at Quidditch, as everyone had told her.

Even Angelina said Y/N barely needed any training ("all gifted seekers are like this- when they're good, they're good. No need for daily practices." She said).

The two new beaters were not horrible, but nothing compared to Fred and George.

Ron, on the other hand, was doing worse.

Not that he was a bad player, but he would always get distracted by the singing Slytherins by the stands- concluding of Malfoy, Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle.

Even Y/N could barely concentrate- with them howling with laughter every ten seconds, during their practices.

Y/N had accidentally turned Andrew Kirke's practice bludger into dust, when they were ten minutes into their first practice.

At dinner after their second practice, when Y/N and Ron joined Harry and Hermione for dinner, Luna came gliding across the Great Hall to towards the Quartet, with her broom in her hand.

She was kind enough to offer her broom for Y/N to lend, since she didn't have one, and buying a brand new one would be a waste.

"It's nothing fancy- a Comet Two-Ninety," Luna said in her light feathery voice, as she handed Y/N her shiny new broom. "Dad gifted it to me on my fourteenth birthday."

"Luna, thank you so much- I really can't thank you enough," Y/N beamed at the blonde Ravenclaw with gratitude, as Luna's face lit up with a smile.

"You're very welcome," Luna said brightly, "I only use it to travel long distances, but I don't really play Quidditch- only with Rolf. I love helping him with his Seeker training."

Cute. Fine, alright, they're cute. Y/N thought to herself.

"-but I'd rather have my feet on the ground, most of the time. I sleepwalk, you see- my feet already have enough."

"Right," Y/N chuckled, holding Luna's broom carefully in her hands. "thanks again. Better not tell Rolf though, he wouldn't be too happy."

"Oh, I've told him," Luna said casually. "he said he didn't have a problem. I suspect he has some teeth problems though, because he was gritting them like mad."

"Oh- yeah," Y/N tried not to laugh, imagining her brother's face of displease once he found out Luna was helping the Gryffindor team.

"Good luck on the game," Luna said with a smile. "oh, and nice choice of jewellery, by the way..."

Luna glanced down at Y/N's mood bracelet and pebble ring, before waving at her dreamily and walking back to the Ravenclaw table.

"How's training, so far?" Harry asked Y/N, as she sat down next to him and continued with her meal.

"Not far," Y/N sighed.

"You're far," Ron said bitterly, stabbing his steak with a fork. "You and everyone else is doing all good. It's me who's lousy and messing up our practices. Especially today's practice."

"I'm sure it wasn't that bad," Hermione said gently, glancing at Y/n for confirmation.

"Yes, it was." Ron scowled. "Angelina was nearly in tears by the end of it and it's all my f-"