Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ The Stag & The Chaos

The Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw Quidditch match was coming closer and closer. The team was overly delighted when Professor McGonagall returned Harry's Firebolt, telling him that the broom was risk-free.

Harry and Y/N's patronus practice, on the other hand, went on and on for weeks. Y/N skipped a lesson, helping Hagrid with his Buckbeak situation.

Lupin was quite impressed to see her able to produce a corporeal patronus.

And he was even more impressed to see the form of her patronus every time...

He knew what this meant, and had a pretty good guess on what Harry's patronus would be.

Of course, he remembered Lily and James Potter's patronus perfectly.

"I think you've got it, Y/N." Lupin said on Y/N and Harry's 3rd lesson. Y/N chuckled as her silver doe bounced around her energetically. Harry couldn't help but smile as well.

"This memory you're using must be powerful." Lupin said softly, more to himself than to Harry or Y/N.

Y/N turned a light shade of pink.

"Yes, professor." she whispered. Lupin and Harry knew not to ask more.

"As for you, Harry," Lupin turned to Harry. "you have to choose an even happier memory. Which one are you using now?"

"When I saved Ginny from the Chamber of Secrets." Harry replied.

Y/N raised her eyebrows and felt her face go hot.

But why that memory? She thought. Why Ginny? Because she was Ron's sister? Out of all the memories he had, he chose that one? Wait- why was she not OK with this?

Lupin read Y/N's mind and quickly chuckled.

"Well, it doesn't seem to be happy enough," he said with a shrug. This man knew her too well. "Happier, Harry. A happier memory,-"

"Maybe I don't have a happier memory!" Harry said in frustration.

Y/N and Lupin looked at each other nervously.

Harry realised he was raising his voice and looked ashamed. "I don't- I don't know... sorry."

"It's alright." Lupin said kindly. "But I think you should have a rest for now. You've both done beautifully, today. Next lesson on Tuesday, how about that?"

"Brilliant." Y/N smiled at him.

"Alright," Harry shrugged.

"Goodnight,"

"Goodnight, Professor." Y/N and Harry said at the same time.

Lupin watched as the two left his room, grinning to himself. The way Harry looked at Y/N was exactly how James used to look at Lily.

How he missed those looks they gave each other... how he missed his friends.

3 of his best friends were gone forever, and 1 was a dangerous runaway serial killer.

If only he could have one of them back, that would be enough to make him happy again.

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

"BLOOD!" Y/N, Harry and Hermione jumped violently. So did everyone else in the Gryffindor common room.

Ron's voice was echoing through the entire tower, causing everyone to fall silent. Y/N looked around, alarmed.

"Was that Ron?" she questioned.

"Should we be concerned?" Harry asked in confusion. Hermione was pale in the face, holding Crookshanks in her arms.