Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ A New Beginning

A/N ~ Welcome to sixth year. Enjoy :)

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

Lupin Cottage stood steady in the middle of a hill, surrounded by tall grass and far from the city.

Remus Lupin and his godchildren, Y/N and Rolf Scamander, were barely noticed by the other villagers, as they lived their every day lives quietly in the tiny cottage.

They couldn't travel much, since the Wizarding community is still currently under the threat of the death eaters.

The Ministry had came out with some rules and restrictions that everyone had to obey.

1. You are advised not to leave the house alone.

2. Particular care should be taken during the hours of darkness.

3. Make sure that all family members are aware of emergency measures.

4. Agree on security questions with close friends and family so as to detect death eaters masquerading as others by use of the Polyjuice Potion.

5. Should the Dark Mark appear over any dwelling place or other building, DO NOT ENTER, but contact the Auror office immediately.

At most, Rolf was allowed to apparate to Luna Lovegood's house and play Quidditch (since he was of age), but other than that, they were all to remain inside the house at all times.

Remus was especially protective of Y/N, since Dumbledore had explained to him about her part of the prophecy and he knew Voldemort was after her.

The more Y/N knew Remus, the more surprised she was.

Remus was an introvert- he was caring and protective, but also playful and fun at times. During the break, he was either at work all day, at Head Quarters, or he stayed home and baked.

Y/N would always join in with him whenever he decided to use the kitchen.

"I told you, you don't have to help me bake everything," said Remus, constantly, whenever Y/N decided to run down from her room when she heard noises from the kitchen.

"Last time Tonks really liked my pie, y'know," Y/N said stubbornly. "do you not believe in my baking skills, Moony?"

"Do you not believe in my memory capacity, Y/N?" Remus tilted his head. "I haven't forgotten the salty cookies-"

"That was an accident and not a flaw of mine!" Y/N said defensively, throwing on her apron and tying up her hair. "And would you mind moving on from the cookies-?"

"Will you guys lower your voice?" Rolf shouted from the living room, his voice annoyed. "Luna's trying tell me about Crumple Horn Snorcacks."

Another problem for them was that their kitchen, dining room and living room were all connected.

"It's alright, Rolf, I think their conversation is quite amusing," said Luna, giving Y/N and Remus a soft smile.

Since their houses were not far away, Luna and Rolf would usually hang out at each other's houses, talk about magical creatures all day and sometimes playing Quidditch.

"Hey, by the way, did you two like my apple pie yesterday?" Y/N asked the both of them, keen to prove Remus wrong.

"Oh, yes! It was the best thing I've ever eaten in a while," said Luna enthusiastically, before turning to Rolf. "Right, Rolfie?"

"Yeah, right, Rolfie?" Y/N smirked, crossing her arms. She knew how much Rolf despised complimenting her.

"Yeah, sure- it was... good." said Rolf, glaring up at Y/N while Luna wasn't looking.