Y7 .。.:*༄ The Capture

A/N ~ ENJOY >:)

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

"Ron, wake her up," Hermione whispered.

"No, you wake her up," Ron backed away. "I don't want to get hexed- she can do magic now."

"Don't be ridiculous, she won't hex you-"

"She very possibly could and would."

"You wake her up, then, Harry-"

"Do any of you know how to whisper?" Y/N snapped.

They all went quiet. Y/N was glaring at them through her puffy morning eyes, half her face buried beneath her blanket.

Hermione, Ron, and Harry looked at each other. Y/N frowned at them in confusion.

"I don't-"

"Happy birthday!" Her three friends chorused, beaming, and confetti shot out of Hermione's wand and rained all over her.

Y/N rubbed her eyes and slowly sat up, still confused but delighted.

The three climbed onto the sofa and attacked her with a group hug. Y/N couldn't help but smile bashfully as she was crushed between their arms.

"Thanks, guys," she said sheepishly, patting Ron's arm. "Wow, I forgot- I'm seventeen! I can do magic now!"

Hermione, Ron, and Harry backed away, grinning, making way for Y/N to reach for her wand.

She grabbed it from the table next to the sofa and pointed it at the compass Dumbledore had left her, which was lying next to Hermione's handbag.

"Accio compass,"

The compass flew into her hand and Y/N beamed.

"Slick," Ron smirked.

Y/N was so excited to use magic that she Apparated to the furthest bathroom in the house to change that morning.

She even tried holding her toothbrush with magic, tying her shoelace with magic, doing her hair with magic.

She took so long that when she entered the living room minutes later to put away her bundled-up clothes, Ron, Harry, and Hermione had already gone to breakfast.

As Y/N made her way across the living room, she glimpsed a bright reflected light from the corner of her eyes.

She froze in her spot and turned to the light source.

It was just a piece of broken glass on the floor, near the old grand piano.

Y/N frowned and knelt down to pick it up. It was, in fact, not broken glass- but a piece of a broken mirror.

She gazed into it and saw her own eye staring back. Nothing special there.

She didn't know why, but something about it tells her there was magic in it.

She should just toss it into a trash can, really, but her gut was telling her not to let go... and the next moment, it was right.

Y/N gasped and almost dropped the broken mirror, her heart hammering inside her chest.

Staring back from the mirror was no longer her own eye, but a glistening blue eye with wrinkles and pale lashes.

Y/N had seen the eye before... blue and twinkling... but there was no way it could be...

"Y/N?"

Y/N flinched and spun around, just to see Ron frowning back at her by the doorway.

"It's just me. Are you alright?" Ron asked slowly.