Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ It All Makes Sense

A/N ~ So sorry for the late update, this chapter took time. It's the last chapter for year 3!! Enjoy :)

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

"How did you know he was here if you weren't helping him?" Harry asked cooly.

"The Marauders Map." Lupin said calmly. "You left it with me yesterday, when you came to my office. I saw you four's names, Sirius's, and-"

"How did you know how to use the map?" Harry cut across him. Y/N kind of wished he didn't.

"That's because I wrote it." Lupin answered shortly. "Along with my other friends, of course. I was Moony."

Then, Y/N felt her brain come to life again. Moony. The name she's been familiar with. It was Lupin, all along. But why was it so familiar?

"You wrote-?" Harry gaped.

"The point is," Lupin continued, "I saw your names on the map. I saw you four go down to Hagrid's, and saw you walk around the pumpkin patch. But you were accompanied by someone else."

"Sirius Black, perhaps?" Y/N challenged quietly.

"No. Sirius came after." Lupin said firmly. "But someone accompanied you from Hagrid's hut. Soemone-"

"Bull shit, no one was with us!" Harry said stubbornly. Y/N really wished he would stop cutting across Lupin like that. She was so eager to know the truth.

"The map never lies, Harry." Lupin chuckled and then turned to Ron. "May I see your rat, please?"

"M-my rat?" Ron stared at Lupin as if he was a mad man. "What's Scabbers got to do with any of this?"

"Everything." Lupin said calmly.

"B-b-but why?" Ron whimpered. "I just got my rat back-!"

"That's not a rat, Ron." Lupin said, examining Scabbers from afar, making sure to keep distance from Ron.

"What do you mean-"

"You really think normal rats would live for as far as twelve years?" Sirius cackled hoarsely.

Y/N glanced at Hermione to see if she was catching up, but the bushy haired girl shook her head, just as clueless as Y/N was.

"W-what do you mean?" Ron stammered, clutching Scabbers tightly in his hand.

"That's a wizard." Lupin said firmly.

Silence.

"A wizard whom recently I believed was dead."

Another pause of silence.

"An animagus," Black added. "by the name of Peter Pettigrew."

Another loud silence flooded the place.

Y/N's lips parted. She took a deep breath, trying to process everything through. Could Sirius Black really be innocent all along?

But it seemed like she was the only one who was loosening up.

Her three friends were glaring at Lupin and Sirius Black fiercely.

"You're mad!" Ron exclaimed, backing away from Lupin.

"Ridiculous!" Said Hermione faintly.

"Pettigrew's dead!" Harry said.

Gosh, why was he stubborn like this? Y/N thought.

"He killed him years ago!" Ron glared at Black.

"And I really meant to!" Black growled. "But he got away! Not this time, though-" the man lunged forward and tried to grab Scabbers from Ron, who scrambled away on his good leg desperately.