Y4 .。.:*☆ Chosen

A/N ~ "...but I watch your eyes as she walks by..."

(publishing this for the third time, successfully)

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

'My dear Y/N,

Hello darling, it's your favourite Auntie, here. Haven't heard from you in a while, but I'm writing to you now anyway. Tina and Newt told me about the Triwizard Tournament that's happening at Hogwarts and about the Yule Ball. I immediately thought of my little Y/N in a magnificent ball gown, and I just had to buy you one, myself! Really hope you like it, little one.

Lots of love,

Auntie Queenie'

"Oh, Godric, oh, Godric," Y/N muttered under her breath.

"What is it?" Hermione questioned, getting from her bed and plopping onto Y/N's.

Y/N felt her heart rate increase as her eyes landed on the package that came with Queenie's letter.

It was a pillow-sized wrapped lump, clearly containing Y/N's Yule Ball dress. Or what Queenie called, 'ball gown.'

"Auntie Queenie sent me my dress!" Y/N exclaimed. "She sent me a dress."

"Oh, that's wonderful, then!" Hermione said brightly, eying Y/N's package. "What're you fretting about?"

"Many things." Y/N said nervously. "What if it's too extra? What if I don't like it? What if I don't find anyone to go to the ball with?"

"I doubt any of that will happen, Y/N." Hermione assured, officially shutting her book and giving Y/N's package her full attention. "Go on, open it!"

Y/N took a deep breath before shutting her eyes closed and tearing the package dramatically.

She heard Hermione gasp softly and felt her dress fall from the wrap.

With her eyes still closed, Y/N grabbed what felt like the top of the dress and displayed it onto her bed.

Hermione let out another gasp.

"Woah... this is so perfect." she said breathlessly.

"Don't be so dramatic, Mione, it won't- WHATTHEBLOODYHELL!" Y/N almost tripped over her own foot when she opened her eyes to see the magnificent dress on her bed.

She blinked for a second and stared.

The dress was the perfect length and colour- it was (long/short), and was the perfect shade of (colour of choice). The material was made out of (silk/lace) and was styled quite uniquely- it didn't look common, but wasn't over the line.

It was... the closest thing to perfect.

"Y/N, this dress is beautiful!" Hermione exclaimed, running her hands through the material of the dress.

"I can't- I can't wear this," Y/N shook her head, staring at the dress.

"Don't be ridiculous, you'll look beautiful!" Hermione said firmly, examining the whole dress.

"This probably costs more than my school fees." Y/N muttered, but stared at the dress in awe. "But I... I love it."

"Ugh, I'm jealous." Hermione said, still gaping at Y/N's dress. "You better be walking down the marble stairs in this dress, arm in arm with Harry - oh, the power you guys would hold."

Y/N pictured the scene, and couldn't help but agree with Hermione's comment.

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘ (One week before the Yule Ball)