Y7 .。.:*༄ They Think You're Dead

A/N ~ Welcome, welcome, besties. You'll see why this chapter took so long.

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

Hog's Head was one of the last places Y/N would think Dobby would take her to. Alas, there they were.

Though at that moment, she was too tired and light-headed to immediately notice.

Apparation was not good for the wound on her head.

The moment their feet met the floor of the old inn, Y/N stumbled a few feet. Dobby yelped in alarm and quickly hurried forward towards her.

The world swayed around Y/N, her vision focused and unfocused, as Dobby guided her to a chair. He was saying something.

"-Miss Girfend-! Miss- Miss has to stay still and awake while Dobby fixes Miss' wound!"

Y/N blinked at the elf's wide emerald eyes while clutching the table in front of her for support.

"Oh- OK..." she breathed, wiping the sweat mixed blood from her temple with the back of her hand.

She leaned down and lay the good side of her head on the table.

He twitched slightly when he saw the wound, but didn't say anything to scare Y/N.

The pain was growing worse and worse every second, and Y/N's eyelids were heavy.

She looked at Dobby and was about to tell him to just leave it, leave her. But Dobby's eyes were focused.

With a wave of his hand, his powers sealed the wound shut completely.

Y/N felt her head go cold and numb, then warm and painless.

She brought up her hand and felt the side of it. She stilled for a second. The pain had vanished completely.

"Dobby, I-" Y/N didn't know what to say. Dobby still looked concerned. "Thank you... so much. For everything."

"It is Dobby's pleasure to help friends and girfends of Harry Potter!" the elf replied. "But... how did Miss end up in Malfoy Manor?"

"It's a long story," Y/N sighed. Only a few hours ago, she was with her friends. It seemed like weeks. "I... well... I let them take me, because- it was the only way- the only way the others could escape."

"Dobby is not surprised that Miss is noble," said Dobby, shaking Y/N's hand admiringly. "but Miss Girfend has to save herself, too!"

"Thank you, Dobby," Y/N managed a small smile.

"You're most welcome, Miss," Dobby bowed low. "Harry Potter had told Dobby Miss is the most special thing to him. Dobby will always protect what is special to Harry Potter."

Y/N smiled sadly and finally gave herself a moment to look around.

Hog's Head was just as she remembered it to be, last time she was there. Though its fuzzy warm feeling was gone.

Because it was nighttime, it was empty and cold, and the walls creaked just slightly as wind beat against them.

Y/N had many questions.

"Dobby- how did you know where I was?" she asked first, turning back to Dobby, as the elf pushed himself onto a stool.

"Oh- Mr Dumbledore asked Dobby to bring Miss here," Dobby said cheerfully.

Y/N noticed he was now drinking from a mug of hot chocolate.

Of course... How did Y/N not realize- those pale blue eyes did not belong to the ghost of Albus Dumbledore or whatever she'd theorized.