Y5 .。:+*✧ Scars & Secret Meetings

A/N ~ the amount of guilt I feel rn for taking so damn long to update💀 Oh well, here we are. Happy late Valentines, btw x

TW: blood, descriptive detention scene.

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

It had been barely an hour, but Y/N could hardly feel the back of her right hand anymore.

It felt as though a hot metal rod was pressing against her skin, as the words 'I must not tell lies' appeared on the red skin for the hundredth time.

She took in a shaky breath and looked to her side to see Harry practically murdering Umbridge with his glare.

"That's enough for now," the toad-like lady finally said, after what seemed like hours.

Y/N let out a quiet sigh and she and Harry dropped their quills, not meeting each other's eyes.

Y/N looked down at her stinging hand. The cut had healed, but her skin was red raw.

"Hand, Miss Scamander," Umbridge beckoned.

Y/N slowly extended her right hand and Umbridge took it in her own.

Umbridge smiled triumphantly and pressed one of her stubby fingers onto the red area of Y/N's skin.

Y/N took in a sharp breath, as the stinging spread painfully from the pressure of Umbridge's finger.

"Don't touch her!" Harry roared, but Umbridge had already let go of Y/N's hand.

"Tut, tut," she said, smiling sweetly. "I don't seem to have made much of an impression yet. We'll try again tomorrow evening. You may go."

Y/N and Harry stood up immediately and left her office without another word.

They walked down the corridor quietly for a while, until Harry was sure Umbridge would not hear him, he stopped walking abruptly and gently grabbed Y/N's wrist.

"Harry-"

"I'm going to kill her," Harry said in a low voice, examining the back of Y/N's hand.

"I'd rather you not," Y/N grinned, as Harry stared at her hand. "her spirit might call you a liar again,"

"Not funny, Y/N," Harry muttered, finally letting go of her hand.

"Let me see yours," Y/N said, ignoring him. She took his hand in hers, not waiting for an answer.

Harry's looked slightly better than hers, with a barely recognisable red tint on the back of his hand.

Y/N then looked up at him and their eyes met.

She slowly placed her hand around the left side of his neck, not breaking her gaze from his eyes.

Finally, she threw her arms around his neck and pulled him into a comforting hug.

Harry closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around her waist, tucking her closer to him.

"I'm sorry, Niff," he said quietly, his voice breaking half way.

Truth was, he didn't know what exactly he was sorry for, because he had dragged her in so much trouble since they've met. Even so, it felt like the right thing to apologise to her.

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

Wednesday went by, with the professors slowly piling up a good amount of homework for all of them.