Y7 .。.:*༄ Our Last Summer

A/N ~ HELLO BESTIES- look who finally updated :)) Also, don't worry about the title- it's just the name of a song and I couldn't be more creative. Anyways, sit back and enjoy<3

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

The shock of losing Mad-Eye hung over the house in the days that followed.

Harry felt that nothing but action would assuage his guilt and that he ought to set out on his mission to find and destroy Horcruxes as soon as possible.

Mrs Weasley kept Y/N, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and Pansy so busy with preparations for the wedding that they hardly had any time to think.

The kindest explanation of this behavior would have been that Mrs Weasley wanted to distract them all from thoughts of Mad-Eye's death.

Days passed, of nonstop cutlery cleaning, of colour-matching ribbons and flowers, of de-gnoming the garden and helping Mrs Weasley cook vast batches of canapés.

On the afternoon of the fourth day, the kitchen was crowded with everyone in the house, all gathered for lunch.

"Good work, everyone!" Mrs Weasley said gratefully, for they all looked exhausted. "The wedding is going to be perfect!"

Ron and Hermione had just returned from de-gnoming in the garden, and their faces red from the sun outside.

Ron was mumbling under his breath about something to do with gnome teeth.

Y/N had just helped Fleur sort out flowers for the flower arch.

Y/N realized because Mrs Weasley was so grateful and in such a good mood, there were more dishes on the table than usual, and even pudding.

Meals were never boring at The Burrow, and there were more than enough conversations to engage in.

Hermione and Ron were interrogating Bill and Mr Weasley about the Ministry.

Y/N and Harry listened vaguely as Ginny and Pansy had a mini quarrel on who did a better job trimming the bushes.

"You used magic, so guess who has more self-control?" said Ginny, raising an eyebrow.

"You wish, Weaslette, I only used magic to sharpen my shears," Pansy snarled. "the rest was talent."

Fleur and Mrs Weasley were going over the immense list of jobs for the wedding.

"Now, Ron, have you cleaned out your room yet?" Mrs Weasley looked up from her perched spectacles.

"Why?" exclaimed Ron, slamming his spoon down and glaring at his mother.

Y/N, Harry, Ginny, and Pansy stopped to watch in amusement.

"Why does my room have to be cleaned out?" Ron said, in a slightly childish way. "Harry and I are fine with it the way it is!"

"We are holding your brother's wedding here in a few days, young man-"

"And are they getting married in my bedroom?" asked Ron furiously. "No! So why in the name of Merlin's saggy left-"

"Don't talk to your mother like that," said Mr Weasley firmly. "And do as you're told."

Ron scowled at both his parents, then picked up his spoon and attacked the last few mouthfuls of his apple tart.

After lunch, the Quartet went to Ron's room, where Ron lay back down on the bed, leaving his room just as messy as it had been all week.

Harry positioned his pillow upright and leaned back in his bed too.