Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ A Hell of a Ride

A/N ~ Put y'all's seat belts on.

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

It was two weeks before the Gryffindor vs Slytherin match.

After the Katie Bell incident, the students were banned from going to Hogsmeade. Katie, herself, had been sent to St Mungo's and won't be back at school any soon.

The Gryffindor team was having their fifth Quidditch practice for the year. There was no snow, thankfully, but it was still chilly out.

The Quartet was walking down to the Quidditch pitch- Y/N, Ron, and Harry were carrying their brooms and Hermione had a big bag of books with her, to read while they practiced.

As they walked down to the grounds, Harry told the others about his first meetings with Dumbledore.

Apparently, Dumbledore's been showing him memories from Voldemort's past, via pensieve.

"Blimey," Ron breathed when Harry finished speaking. "You-Know-Who's been raised in a muggle orphanage?"

"I know, ironic, isn't it?" Harry huffed, as Y/N frowned thoughtfully.

"And his uncle could speak parseltongue..." Hermione muttered, more to herself than anyone. "I wonder..."

"Hey- Scamander!" called Pansy Parkinson.

The girl had been reading by the fountain as they crossed the courtyard. Y/N saw her, of course, but didn't expect Pansy to acknowledge them.

The four Gryffindors stopped walking and spun around.

Pansy had a frown on her face. She quickly set her book aside, flung her shiny black hair, and approached the four Gryffindors.

"Scamander- can I have a minute?" she said seriously, looking slightly embarrassed.

"Sod off, Parkinson," scowled Ron, his face turning slightly red.

"I have Quidditch practice," Y/N said cooly, studying Pansy's unusual expression curiously.

"I know. Why d'you I've been sitting here freezing my arse off for?" She shot, her typical attitude returning.

Y/N looked hesitantly at Harry, who, like Ron, was glaring at Pansy.

"I'll be there in a few minutes," she said to him. "you lot go ahead."

"You'll be late for practice," said Harry firmly.

"Surely you could give me a few minutes," Y/N said, giving him a look.

"Fine," said Harry, "be quick."

Ron narrowed his eyes at Pansy, but Hermione quickly pulled him and Harry away by the arm.

The three left the courtyard, leaving Y/N and Pansy staring at each other calculatingly.

"What do you want?" Y/N shot, gripping her Nimbus 2003 tightly.

"You know, I might not be a Ravenclaw," said Pansy stiffly, "but I'm not stupid."

"That's news," Y/N said, tilting her head slightly. "I don't know what wicked plan you have, Parkinson, but I'm not buying your lack of attitude."

"I know it was you," Pansy said loudly with a tint of accusation hidden in her tone. "you spoke to him, didn't you?"

"Who?"

"Draco," Pansy said with a frown.

"I see..." Y/N said quietly. Pansy continued,