Y4 .。.:*☆ The Woollen Hat

A/N ~ I loved reading everyone's theories... oh well... enjoy the rest of the Yule Ball :)

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

The double doors of the Great Hall swung open, and the entire hall burst into applause.

Y/N stood in the front row of the crowd with her arm linked with Malfoy's. Rolf and Luna were a few feet away, clapping enthusiastically, as the four champions entered the hall with their partners.

First, came Krum, in his bright red dress robes- with the glowing Hermione, who was beaming widely and waving around at her friends. She caught Y/N's eye and blew her a kiss brightly.

Y/N chuckled and blew one back dramatically. Malfoy stared down at her disapprovingly.

Next was Fleur, in her glittering grey dress, that took everyone's breath away, arm in arm with a very well dressed Cedric, who had a soft grin on his face.

"You're so beautiful," Y/N whispered, as Fleur walked past her.

"Says yourself," Fleur whispered back, giving her a wink.

After the four, Y/N held in her breath.

Harry strode into the hall, with Cho Chang clinging onto his arm. Y/N felt a strong urge to look away and run as far as possible towards the other direction, but stood still, clapping politely.

She looked at Harry and blushed furiously.

He looked so adorable, in his black dress robes and puffy hair. Cho was wearing a long cream coloured dress, and looked painfully beautiful. She waved around and clutched Harry's arm tightly.

Harry had a rather fake grin on his face, and was looking around the clapping crowd. His eyes travelled and scanned the hall, from left to right.

He finally found Y/N, far to the right of the crowd. It took him a second to realize it was her.... his jaw dropped and his eyes grew wide.

Harry stared at Y/N and temporarily forgot how to breathe- her hair, her smile (which looked far from authentic), her dress, and just... her.

The two locked eyes with each other for a few seconds, and it felt like hours.

Y/N finally took a deep breath and looked away, making Harry feel suddenly guilty.

Y/N hated herself for obeying her craving and looking into Harry's eyes. Now, she just looked desperate.

But Harry found it impossible to take his eyes off Y/N. Just the sight of her was addicting.

Suddenly, Y/N felt Malfoy's arm yank her backwards roughly, away from the front of the crowd. She looked up to see Harry and Cho disappear into the dance floor.

"What do you think you're doing?" Malfoy spat, releasing Y/N's arm and straightening his robes.

"What do you mean?" Y/N frowned, as the music started to play for the champions to waltz to.

"You're my partner tonight," Malfoy hissed. "why don't you just behave non-childishly and not stare at Potter and Chang?"

"I'm not staring at anyone!" Y/N snapped back, glaring at Malfoy dangerously. "And if you think me cheering up my friends is childish, then literally leave."

"You should be grateful you even have a partner, tonight, Scamander." Malfoy said, his face scrunching up.

"What's going on, here?" Rolf came swimming through the crowd and stopping in front of Y/N and Malfoy. "What do you want, Malfoy?"