Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Christmas Company

A/N ~ Happy Pride Month, everyone!!<3

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

There he was, just standing there, his eyes unfocused and his arms tightly held by Romilda Vane.

Y/N quickly pulled Hermione after her as she hurried away from Harry and Romilda, trying not to be seen.

Of course, she really didn't need to try; Harry's eyesight was horrible and he didn't have his glasses on.

"Huh, no Cormac around," Hermione whispered, jogging after Y/N. "He's just suddenly gone."

"Probably swallowed one of those horrid dragon tar-tar things," Y/N muttered bitterly.

She finally stopped walking and let go of Hermione's arm when they arrived by the dance floor.

The music was now lively, not very Christmas-like, but seemed to be entertaining everyone.

Almost half the guests were now dancing, including Professor Slughorn and his former students.

Ginny was boldly showing off her dancing abilities with her friend, Melinda Bobbin, in the middle of the dance floor, both lip-syncing to the song and spinning each other around.

Pansy was with them, not dancing as wildly, but was grinning and moving her body subtly, watching Ginny and Melinda with amusement.

Luna seemed to be teaching Rolf a traditional dance, while Rolf tried to copy her hopelessly.

"Should we join them?" Hermione asked, grinning, already tamely moving her body to the music.

"Wait, I'm thirsty," Y/N lied.

"I can see that," Hermione smirked, glancing at the back of the room to where Harry, Romilda, and Professor Trelawny stood.

Y/N acted oblivious of the comment and quickly grabbed two drinks off the tray a student waiter in a white suit was holding.

"Drink?" She offered one tall glass to Hermione.

"Sure..." Hermione said hesitantly, frowning. She grabbed the sparkling drink and took a small sip. "After we finish the drinks, can we go dance?"

"Of course- I've got your back," Y/N smiled warmly, and took a step back. "from right here."

"Oh, what fun is that?" Hermione protested, giving Y/N a bitter look.

"I don't have a date with me, today, Hermione," Y/N uttered, taking a nervous gulp from her glass.

"That, I'm am aware," Hermione said grimly.

"Look around you, Hermione, everyone's got a date," said Y/N a tongue click. "what would Romilda Vane say when she finds out-?"

"Oh, I don't think-"

"I'll answer that-" said Y/N, "she'll make sure every single Gryffindor knows I came here all lonely, like how she made sure they knew about mine and Harry's fight."

"OK, first off, lots of people are here without a date," Hermione smiled, putting a hand on Y/N's shoulder. "I had to escape mine. Maybe you're the lucky one here,"

Before Y/N could say anything else, however, there was a slight commotion coming from the entrance of the office.

Everyone fell silent, even the band, and stopped dancing and talking.

Their heads turned to Draco Malfoy, who was being dragged by the ear into the room by Argus Filch.