Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Falling Apart

A/N ~ Hello everyone, sorry for the late update- this chapter is a little longer than usual. Sit back, relax and enjoy :)

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

It wasn't working. The Quartet without Y/N and Harry's bond was barely anything.

Whenever all four of them were together, Ron and Hermione would be the main ones talking.

When either Y/N or Harry joins in, the other would stay silent for the whole rest of the conversation.

It made Y/N's heart heavy every time she realized how much she missed him.

She saw him every day, he was always right in front of her, yet she felt like she'd already lost him.

Every time Harry spoke, Y/N caught herself staring at him and asking herself useless questions.

How could he? Where did she do wrong? Why couldn't he love her the way she loved him?

She knew, unlike herself, Harry hadn't been completely ignoring her.

He had tried, time after time, to speak to her, but Y/N found herself shutting him off and running away from whatever he had to say.

She had taken her mood bracelet and pebble ring off.

The pebble ring was long gone, somewhere at the bottom of her trunk, but she kept her bracelet by her nightstand.

Though it wasn't around her wrist anymore, she was terrified to see it glow pink whenever she thought of Harry. Sometimes the pink would switch to blue...

"I want a foot-long essay on Devil's Draught by Friday!" Professor Slughorn's voice made Y/N jump. "now off you go! Have a great evening!"

The classroom stirred and everyone stood up to leave.

Y/N transported back to her senses and quickly threw her books and stationary back into her bag.

She and Hermione departed the dungeons after that, taking a different route back to the common room to avoid Harry.

"You know, I find it really interesting," Hermione said thoughtfully, as they went up the marble stairs.

"Ron's hair, I assume, is what you're referring to?" Y/N smirked. Hermione threw her a harsh glare and Y/N pursed her lips shut.

"Devil's Draught," Hermione explained, "the effect of the potion sounds very familiar, to me."

"OK, and why is that?" Y/N said with a frown. Hermione raised her eyebrows. "no, I wasn't listening."

"Devil's Draught is a peace-breaker," Hermione explained with a disappointed sigh, "it triggers the drinker's intrusive thoughts."

"Well, I did hear that part," said Y/N. "I just didn't understand."

"Hmm... you know when you hear the two voices in your head," said Hermione, "one of them is the saint and the other is the devil?"

"I'm guessing Devil's Draught triggers the devil," Y/N huffed.

"Exactly,"

"I don't need that potion, I trust my devil, it makes better decisions."

"I was just wondering..." Hermione said in a low voice, "if... you know..."

"I don't know." said Y/N swiftly, "Hermione, I don't want to talk about work right now. We have the whole week to finish that essay."

She knew what Hermione was implying. But she also knew Hermione would go to the ends of the world to find an excuse to bring Y/N and Harry back together.