Author's Notes

A/N ~ Can't believe this is the last year. I don't even know what to say and I'm probably being dramatic but damn I'll miss writing this fanfic.

This is just a very long (and skipable) author's notes chapter of me rambling for you all...

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

Here's the long awaited (and extremely detailed) Q & A~

"When/how did you decide to write TBWL?"

OK don't scream at me, but the first fanfic I've written was a Dramione fanfic, on FanFiction.net. I chose Dramione solely because the ship was popular at that time. I realized right away I, personally, didn't like the ship at all, which was why the fanfic I wrote was (undeniably) trash.

Then came a time where I began to be obsessed with Harry again. I've always had a crush on him since I started reading HP, so I guess that was why writing this was so easy and ideas came flowing in without any thought.

I started this fanfic without really thinking about it, simply because I loved Harry and I loved writing. Then abruptly came all the reads and support (that I will be forever grateful for).

"Future plans?"

Writing and publishing a Rolf x Luna spin-off fanfic :) This will take place in a shorter time span than TBWL, but given the number of people that love Runa so much, I think you'll enjoy it !!

"Favourite scene of your own?"

I honestly have no idea. I can't remember. But I really like writing Quidditch scenes and of course fluff :)

"Favourite year from TBWL?"

Third year or sixth year. I think we could all agree fifth year and fourth year was a mess (mainly me trying to figure out my writing style), though I'm still glad I wrote them how I did.

"Least favourite scenes/chapters?"

Honestly, just any annoying character moments, because I KNOW how frustrating an annoying/embarrassing character can be. But I want to make these characters human, realistic, not just badass comedian 24/7.

"Favourite TBWL OC?"

I'd say Rolf, but he's technically canon.

"Favourite fanfic/book?"

Favourite fanfics - All The Young Dudes by MsKingBean89 on AO3, Potter by TinaX2

Favourite books (apart from the HP series) - "The Song of Achilles" by Madelina Miller, "Six of Crows" by Leigh Bardugo

"How long does it take to write one chapter? How long is one chapter?"

I don't really time myself writing, but I'd say it takes 5-6 hours to draft, revise, edit and publish one chapter.

A chapter is typically 5k-10k words.

"Songs that remind you of TBWL?"

There are so many. I might make a Spotify playlist sooner or later.

"Will you kill off _?"

Did you all really think I'd just give that away? Wait and see !!

"Favourite ship apart from Y/N and Harry?"

Runa, Romione, Deamus, Wolfstar, Remadora.

"Fandoms you're part of apart from HP?"

Stranger Things, Anne With an E, Brooklyn 99, Shadow and Bone, Fear Street.

"Opinions on Snape and Dumbledore?"

Never liked either of them. Growing up reading the books, I always had a feeling Dumbledore knew about everything, the Horcruxes, deaths and dangers, and just let it all happen. And Snape... bullied children, was a boy's literal boggart, unnecessarily petty.

All this said, please don't attack others for liking or hating characters. 1, that's childish of you, 2, that's one of the reasons why the fandom became toxic.

About the story ~

- Mentions of mature themes (blood, torture, fades to black, etc.)

- No smut.

- I'd say this year will be the most different from its Harry Potter book.

- Will be fast-pasted. The camping scenes in the DH book were just too long in my opinion and will be shortened.

- At this point, Y/N and Harry's relationship is official and obviously there will be less drama, now they're out of school. However, there will be more serious issues and problems when it comes to some matters.

Let's talk about characters ~

I can't stress enough when I say that the characters I decide to rebuild can/will be different from their canon version. Pansy, for example, we all know how she is in the books, but I've decided for her to have a (kind of) redemption arc and clear character development. So just a reminder, not just with me, but in general, please respect every author's decisions in their own story :)

Good luck, everyone<3

- ScribblingQuills