Chapter 38 (edited)

(Roy's POV) (night before the promised day)

After they managed to calm my panic, we made our move to our first position, finding Mrs Bradley.

Hawkeye and I stood at one side of the road, while Breda and Fury were on there way towards us in a car.

The plan was that Mrs Bradley would be making her way down this very road.

I looked at my watch. They should be here in a few minutes.

I tapped Hawkeye's shoulder, signalling her to make her move to the other side of the road.

I watched as she quickly ran across and a few minutes later, the cars headlights showed up.

And has planned, Fury and Breda's car moved in the way of the road, stopping Mrs Bradley's car from moving.

The men escorting her quickly got out to resolve the issue.

"Hey!" I watched as they got out.

"Move your vehicle!" They pulled out their guns and that's when I made my move.

Before one of the them could shoot, I hit him in the back of the neck. More specifically, I hit a pressure point which would cause him to lose consciousness. He fell to the ground.

The other man turned and pointed his gun at me.

I only stared at him.

"What?" He stood up straight as he recognized me. "Roy Mustang?"

Just then Hawkeye ran up and knocked his footing, causing him to fall face first.

That's when I kicked him in the face.

Once they were both out, Breda and Fury made their way out of their car.

They tied the two unconscious men up and set them to the side.

I glanced into Mrs Bradley's car, only to be met with her horrified expression.

I couldn't help but feel sorry for her. She didn't know what was going on, she didn't even know about Bradley and Selim.

Hawkeye opened Mrs Bradley's car door, which startled her. "Sorry to harass you at such a late hour, my apologies." She spoke.

I opened the other car door, which startled her even more. "Please forgive us for startling you like this. I need you to come with me Madam Furher. We have no intention of harming you." I gently explained.

I held my hand out.

She sat there unsure and afraid. She hesitated greatly.

I stared at her, hand still held out. "Please. It's important." I pleaded.

(Hunter's POV) (night before the promised day) (a few hours after seeing Bradley's accident sight)

"WHAT?!" I stood in front of Miles.

The rest of the Briggs men stood single file behind me.

"You lost Alphonse?!" I angrily stared up at him.

How? What were they doing?

He looked uncomfortable and a little shocked. I had never really raised my voice at him.

He opened his mouth to speak but before he could answer I cut him off.

"How could you be so careless?! First rule of Briggs! You get carless, you get dead! You should know this!" My voice echoed amongst the tents. "And how could you not tell me right away?!"