Chapter 66 (edited)

(Roy's POV)

Hawkeye dropped another file in front of me.

I sighed. "Another one?? I'm not even halfway done with this one!"

"Maybe if you worked more efficiently Colonel, your work wouldn't pile up like this." She pointed out. "There are a few more after you're done those two." She turned and walked back to the filling cabinets.

I looked back down at the work in front of me when Havoc and Falman walked in.

"Any work for us Colonel?" Havoc sat at the edge of my desk.

I dropped my pen, thankful for the distraction. "Mmm, not that I know of. Have you asked Devlin? She'll have work for you two."

I watched as the pair eyed each other.

"Eeeeh.. she'll give us hard work." Falman rubbed his neck.

I raised a brow. "So?"

"That's not the type of work we want."

I stared at the two of them for a moment.

"Riiiiza!"

Great- I sighed left when Rebecca walked into the tent. Falman looked annoyed too.

Rebecca walked in, talking to Hawkeye for a moment and then she made her way towards us.

"Uh, we're busy Rebecca." Havoc tried shoeing her away.

"This will only take a minute!" She stepped closer to my chair.

God damn it.. get away.! I sat uncomfortably and annoyed with how close she was.

She leaned down and made eye contact with me. "Are you free to have a drink with me later tonight?" She batted her eyes.

I looked at her, stone faced and unamused. "No. I have someone at home." I adjusted the papers on my desk.

She leaned in a little more. "Oh come on~ She won't notice."

I snapped my head at her. "She will."

She chuckled. "Seriously! What does she have that I don't?"

I smirked. "A lot."

I glanced at Falman and Havoc, both of them trying to hide their smiles.

Her smile dropped. "You seemed to enjoy my company the other night."

"Yeah." I tried shoving her away. "I wanted Devlin's attention. You were the easiest way to do it."

"Ooohh..." Havoc chuckled. I smiled, watching them trying to stop their snorts.

I looked back at her. "You know Rebecca, can you just-" I was cut off when she 'lost her balance' and fell on my lap.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and I sat horrified and frozen.

I am above hitting a woman, but-

"Woah!" Havoc stepped towards us. He tried helping her up but she just pushed her face into my neck.

Which made me tense up even more. I was utterly horrified.

"Come on Rebecca!" Falman yelled at her.

And that's when Hawkeye got involved, finally. "Rebecca get up!" She stepped towards us.

I snapped out of my alarmed state and quickly raised my hands not wanting to touch her.

I stood up, knocking her out of my lap, when she sprung up latching her arms around my neck. Can you TAKE A HINT?

She fell back onto my desk, pulling me down until I hovered over her, my hands braced against the tabletop.