Chapter 48 (edited)

(Roy's POV) (promised day, central)
(TW; blood)

At least five minutes passed since Ed was taken somewhere else. The rest of our group continued fighting the Bradley leftovers.

"Goodness the people up there are unreliable, honestly they can't even manage to get five sacrifices ready for today." The doctor spoke.

I couldn't pay much attention however, I had my hands full.

I couldn't generate actual flames because how small the room was but I could generate electricity, but it wasn't very useful.

"Though, they did only go after those who were stupid enough to take the bait of something small, something like immortality. It's no surprise they failed to get the job done." His voice echoed.

I kept on my feet, continuing to transmute electricity. Hawkeye fired at one of them, suddenly her bullet jammed.

I heard a gasp and a thud, I glanced in her direction and found her pinned.

I grunted and swung my arm at the man pinning her, planning on actually transmuting flames at him.

However, there was a flash. I gasped thinking they had swung at me, but then realized they had slashed my gloves, ripping through the fabric and the circle printed on it.

What?

They overpowered me and sat me down, holding my arms and disabling me. I grunted and fought against them, trying to break free. I can't fight against two of them.

I glanced at Scar, he had been cornered.

Damn it...!

The doctor began clapping. "Alright good." He praised the men. "Just hold him there. Here we are, Colonel Mustang. I'm afraid we're out of time. At this point you've no choice but to cooperate with us."

I glared at him.

"I would like you to preform human transmutation and open up a portal for me."

My blood ran cold. "Are you serious..?"

"It doesn't matter who." He started. My gaze hardened once again. "A parent you've lost? A lover?"

I gasped and my heart dropped. Is he suggesting...? That?...

"A friend? Or that man you were so close to, I forget what was his name again? Hughes right?"

My gaze turned back to rage and my jaw tightened.

"He'll do just fine. I'll get things set up for you right over here." He started.

"You mean, I'm a sacrifice?" Is this what they meant?

"Well we wanted the woman, your lover. Her alchemy is more reliable than yours and she has lost a lot of people." He answered.

My breath left my body as he spoke.

"But with that deal you made with Bradley, we were told not to touch her."

Relief filled my body as the words left his mouth.

"However, making that deal only secured your spot as a sacrifice." He looked at me. "I guess you shouldn't have accepted huh?"