Chapter 32 (revised)

(Hunter's POV)

I knocked on the Furhers door, I could feel my heart in my throat. How the hell am I supposed to be calm when I know all this shit?

"Enter."

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I walked in and stood at his desk. "Your Excellency."

"Inferno." He put his papers down and put on his fake smile. "What can I do for you?"

"Returning my watch." I put the watch on his desk. I eyed Riza who stood behind his desk.

He smiled. "You're not putting up much of a fight?"

"Well, it's like you said sir. Briggs soldiers know when and where to attack. Now's not the best time."

He sat back in his chair. "Hm, throwing my own words back at me I see." He picked up his pen. "Your trip to Briggs was fine I assume?"

"Yes sir, it was." I looked at Riza again. "If it's alright, I'm leaving now." I turned to the door.

"General Raven seems to have gone missing." He started. "I don't suppose you know anything about that?"

I stopped and turned back to him, completely stoned face. "No. I had no idea."

"Oh? Because he was last seen at the Fort."

I sighed. "If you're asking if I had a grudge against him, I didn't. I didn't see anything at the Fort and I didn't hear anything."

He just stared at me, his usual calm self. "You're not letting up on your General."

I scoffed. "Letting up? There is nothing to let up on. My General has done nothing wrong. I don't understand why you're accusing me."

He chuckled. "Your calm demeanour says otherwise."

I smiled. "Well sir, I'm just taking a page out of your book. You've been calm in every situation."

The room fell quiet for a moment. And I could tell he was trying to figure out my hand, as if I had one. The only thing I did was ask Armstrong to join us, it's that simple.

"Very well, you can go."

I nodded and finally left the fucking room, after almost shitting myself from his questioning. I am not afraid of many things, but Bradley is definitely one of them.

I took a deep breath after closing the door. I quickly turned to the hallway and accidentally bumped into someone.

Like my body was upright one moment and the next I was on the ground.

"Are you okay?!"

I instantly felt better when I heard Roy's voice. I looked up at him, taking his hand. "Yeah. Sorry, I shouldn't have been walking so fast." I helped him pick up his papers.

"For someone who was discharged, you sure are in the office a lot." He smirked, taking the papers from me.

I laughed lightly. "Only because you still work here." I followed him, purposely brushing my hand against his every chance I got.

"How was your meeting?"

I stopped, grabbing his arm. "He knows about.. ah.. Ryan." I had completely forgotten about it.

He moved closer, his mouth against my ear. "How does he know that?"

"I don't know. He basically accused me of it though."

We started walking again, lightly bumping into each other.

"I saw Hawkeye too. She looked fine, though I can't imagine being with Bradley all hours of the day-" I stopped talking when Roy stopped walking.