Chapter 33 (revised)

(Hunter's POV)

I stood in front of General Armstrong's desk. "I need someone I can trust." She was in the middle of explaining why I was here.

"I don't understand General-"

She sighed harshly. "It wasn't Bradley's idea, it was mine. I argued that I wouldn't stay unless you were reinstated under my command."

"I appreciate your trust in me, but I've come to-"
I stopped, should I say hate? Or dislike? Eh whatever. "I've come to hate the military."

She sat back. "And yet you're here, dressed in uniform and your Briggs coat."

I had no retort for that. It's not like I can just blurt out that I'm a hostage to these people, though she already knows that.

"It's just that.."

She shook her head. "Two bears in a tigers den, Devlin. Stop whining, shut up, and follow me."

I nodded, standing at attention again. "Yes sir."

"Good." She pointed at a desk. "Sit down and start on those files. Be done by noon."

"Yes sir." I sat down.

I smiled at the familiar pace, this all felt familiar to me. Sure I hadn't been home in a while, but being with Armstrong felt like I was at the Fort.

The first report was about Kimblee finding Scar, or at least his attempt. He and Ed were still missing, along with a few of Kimblee's men. Couldn't care less about them.

But I wasn't sure what I was looking at because this had already been finished.

"This was already finished, General."

She kept her eyes on her paper. "I thought you might want to know what became of Fullmetal on that mission."

I raised a brow, I didn't know she cared. "I see. What do you want me to do with it?"

She sighed. "I don't know! I don't care! Just do something with it!" She snapped at me.

I chuckled under my breath. There it is, that infamous temper of hers.

The phone on her desk rang. "Yes?"

I put my attention back to the report in my hands. I began filling out a form that confirmed it had been looked over by the correct person.

I had left the room, bringing it to a filing room and placing it in the correct file. When I came back, Armstrong was done with the phone and she sat quietly, deep in thought.

"That was Miles." She looked at me as I sat.

"Oh? Is he alright?" I picked up my pen and looked at the others files. Back to this type of work huh? I almost miss the team.

"They were attacked by Drachma."

My stomach dropped and my heart started racing. That sentence immediately brought me back to all the other attacks that happened while I was there.

I nodded. "Casualties?"

"None on our side." She now stood at the window. "The Drachman troops were dealt with, fairly easily."

So I was right. This has Kimblee written aaaallll over it, and I was right. I tried so hard not to smile and laugh.

"Don't say it." I could feel her glare on me.

I shook my head, putting all my effort into not laughing. "It's too easy anyways."

There was a moment of silence.