Chapter 62 (edited)

(Hunter's POV) (TW: mental health, hospitalization)

I sat with Roy in Ed and Al's room. Ed yelling and lecturing Roy over the decision to get his sight back.

Roy just sat with an annoyed look on his face. Honestly, I just tuned Ed out after a while. I mean he made some good points but.. his voice? His voice is the most annoying thing I'd ever heard when he's yelling.

And Roy probably did the same.

"Okay brother! Enough!" Al finally spoke up. Ed glared and then sat down.

"It was a personal request from Doctor Marcoh." Roy started. "He heard about my plan to rebuild Ishval. I plan on devoting my life to this project."

Ed glanced at me. "And you Devlin?"

"Giving medical care to those in the slums. I want to build hospitals and clinics in the area."

"We have a lot to make up for." Roy finished. I nodded.

Al smiled at me. Ed just sat in his chair, thinking about everything we just told him.

I noticed Roy looking at his watch and then he looked back at me. "Marcoh should be here. Let's head down." He stood up.

"Are you guys really going back East?" Al looked at me.

Roy and I looked at each other. I cocked my head at the door, signalling him to leave. He nodded.

I looked back at Ed and Al. "Marcoh is healing my eye and the scar." I explained. "And we are going back East, for a few weeks."

"Why?" Ed looked at me.

I held in a breath. "Kid I'm not okay." I exhaled. "I haven't been for a while."

"It's just Mustang and I going back, the others are all staying here. But Mustang is planning on moving the squad back East, once things are settled. That way it'll be easier to transmute back and forth between Ishval and Eastern HQ."

I sat back and crossed my arms. "Major Miles and Scar are assisting us in Ishvalan affairs. So.. that'll be interesting." I chuckled.

Ed smiled at me. "When are you two leaving?"

"Tomorrow."

He stood up and made his way to me. He leaned forward and hugged me. "I hope you get better." He pulled away.

"I'll be fine. I just need rest." I smiled.

I stood up and hugged Al. "And you're looking better."

He pulled out of my grasp. "Thank you."

I turned to the door. "Well, I'll see you in a few weeks. We won't be long."

(Roy's POV)

I turned when Hunter stepped out of the room.

"Did you tell them?" We walked down the hall.

"Yes, and about you moving the squad." She kept her eyes front.

"Good." I looked at her, she was quiet. I took her hand. "What's wrong?"

"It's just... are you sure you want to move the squad back East?" She glanced at me.

I smiled. "Well, the East is where we all came from. We're just going back home. We've been in Central for too long and General Grumman is taking spot of Furher until I can take over."

I clutched onto me as we walked downstairs and onto the main floor. "Central is in good hands." I reassured her.

"Still.. I think you should be worrying about Ishval, that is that main thing right." She let go.